These fun little scoops pack all the flavors of a delicious burrito into an easy-to-make handheld appetizer.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
It’s obvious we love Mexican food. But we can’t just eat tacos and burritos all the time, so we’re always looking for ways to mix things up. That’s why we created mini handheld appetizer versions of a Mexican favorite: Chicken Burrito Scoops.
This recipe stuffs the delicious flavors of our Chicken Burritos Ranchero into fun Tostitos Scoops-shaped tortilla cups for the ultimate party food! If you’ve already got our Salsa-Marinated Chicken and Homemade Ranchero Sauce prepared, our Chicken Burrito Scoops are a super easy appetizer that comes together in only 30 minutes.
Trust us, if you’ve ever wanted to serve burritos at a party (we have), this is the way to do it.
This recipe is so easy, it only takes five steps! Here’s how to make our Chicken Burrito Scoops:
- Push warm tortillas into the wells of a muffin pan
- Fill each tortilla about one-third of the way with refried beans
- Fill each tortilla almost to the top with shredded Salsa-Marinated Chicken
- Drizzle each Burrito Scoop with a spoonful of our Homemade Ranchero Sauce
- Top each Burrito Scoop with a sprinkle of shredded Mexican-blend cheese and bake!
Inspired by our Beef Taco Scoops, this recipe is super versatile which makes it the perfect easy appetizer. You can customize these based on what ingredients you have on hand and end up with a delicious snack no matter what! Here are a few ideas:
- Sub in black beans for refried beans
- Use enchilada sauce, your favorite salsa, or hot sauce instead of ranchero sauce
- Fill the scoops with carnitas, carne asada, seasoned ground beef, or any kind of meat you like
- Change out the Mexican cheese blend for straight mozzarella, cheddar, or jack, or top with queso fresco after baking for a fancier feel
The possibilities are endless! No matter how (or if) you decide to customize these Chicken Burrito Scoops, there are plenty of ways to serve your delicious creation. Bring these to a potluck, feed a crowd during your next game day watch party, or serve them with rice and beans for a fun dinner.
But whatever you do, always serve them with our Homemade Guacamole – you can’t go wrong with a dollop of fresh guac on top of these Burrito Scoops!
Chicken Burrito Scoops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Heat refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring halfway through, until slightly warmed.* Set aside.
- Place 3 flour tortillas between sheets of dampened paper towels and microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.*
- Transfer softened tortillas to the muffin pan, gently pressing the tortillas into the wells to form a cup shape.*
- Spoon refried beans into the tortillas, filling each about a third of the way.
- Fill the rest of the tortilla with shredded Salsa-Marinated Chicken, almost to the top.
- Drizzle a spoonful of Homemade Ranchero Sauce over each burrito scoop.
- Repeat steps 3-7 with the remaining tortillas, working in batches.
- Top each burrito scoop with a sprinkle of shredded Mexican-blend cheese before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for at least 2 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.*
- Serve hot with a side of Homemade Guacamole!*