Last updated: August 2, 2023
What Personal Data We Collect & Why We Collect It
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you voluntarily choose to subscribe to our email list, we will collect and store only your email address to be used for the purposes for which you provided it to us. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email, or by contacting us directly at [email protected] or through our webpage.
When visitors submit information through contact forms on our website we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- Microsoft Clarity: https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement
We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
You may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. However, we welcome any feedback regarding these links as we value user experience and want to ensure that we are linking to quality content for our readers.
Controlling Your Information & Opting Out
If you have left comments on the site, subscribed to our email list, or provided feedback through our contact forms, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How We Protect Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. We have implemented a variety of security measures in order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure and safeguard your personal information. We will never sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third-party sites unless we are required by law to do so.
Children Under 13
The Candid Cooks website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us with personally identifiable information. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with any personal information. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take necessary action to remove that information from our servers.
Additional Third-Party Technology Services
- Antispam Bee: https://pluginkollektiv.org/privacy-policy/
- BigScoots: https://www.bigscoots.com/privacy-policy/
- Envato Market: https://envato.com/privacy/
- Feedburner: https://follow.it/info/privacy
- Jetpack: https://jetpack.com/support/privacy/
- Relevanssi: https://www.relevanssi.com/privacy-policy/
- Shareaholic: https://www.shareaholic.com/privacy/
- SHE Media Infuse: https://www.shemedia.com/ad-services-privacy-policy
- Smush: https://wpmudev.com/docs/privacy/
- Subscribe to Comments Reloaded: https://subscribe-reloaded.com/privacy-policy/
- UniConsent CMP for GDPR CRPA TCF GPP: https://www.uniconsent.com/privacy
- UpdraftPlus: https://updraftplus.com/data-protection-and-privacy-centre/
- WP Recipe Maker: https://bootstrapped.ventures/wp-recipe-maker/
- WP Rocket: https://wp-rocket.me/privacy-policy/
- Yoast SEO: https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/