Our milk & white chocolate peppermint bark recipe is as easy as it is delicious! This dessert is the perfect treat for the holiday season.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Peppermint bark is a classic holiday treat, perfect for packing in gift bags or serving at Christmas parties. This holiday season, we wanted to share our easy recipe for milk & white chocolate peppermint bark, a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s sure to spread Christmas cheer!
I love chocolate, so my favorite way to make peppermint bark is with creamy milk chocolate and white chocolate, all swirled together. And instead of peppermint extract, we use crushed candy canes throughout and on top of the bark. This gives it a delicious yet subtle peppermint flavor, perfect for those who aren’t usually fans of the peppermint-chocolate combo (aka, Alex).
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make. All you need is three simple ingredients:
- Candy canes (full-size and mini)
- Milk chocolate melts
- White chocolate melts
Here’s how to make our milk & white chocolate peppermint bark recipe:
- Crush candy canes: Crush full-size candy canes into pieces, and finely crush mini candy canes into tiny pieces.
- Prepare the chocolate: Melt milk and white chocolate baking melts, then stir about half of the mini candy cane bits into each chocolate.
- Make the bark: Spread milk chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, then pour white chocolate over milk chocolate and swirl together with a knife. Top with crushed candy cane pieces and set at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- Slice and serve: Break or slice into pieces and enjoy!
Mini candy canes are thinner than full-size ones, so they’re much easier to crush into tiny bits for stirring into the chocolate. And we go the easy route for breaking up the bark once it has set – we use our hands! It gives the bark a fun, natural edge and you end up with varying sizes to pick from when you’re reaching for a snack 🙂
Best of all, our little secret for perfect peppermint bark is the chocolate swirl. No worrying about layers separating or being perfectly even – just swirl it all together and spread it out on a baking sheet, and you’re good to go. It’ll look beautiful and unique no matter how you swirl it, even if it doesn’t look great at first (ours definitely did not!).
And it’ll taste great, because how can you go wrong with peppermint and chocolate?
We hope you try the recipe below for your Christmas parties this year and let us know what you think!
Milk & White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 8 candy canes
- 20 mini candy canes*
- 10 oz white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- 10 oz milk chocolate chips or melting wafers
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush candy canes into small pieces for the topping. Finely crush mini candy canes for mixing into the chocolate.*
- Melt milk chocolate in the microwave. Stir about half of the finely crushed mini candy canes into the chocolate, then pour onto the baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Stir the remaining finely crushed mini candy canes into the chocolate, then pour on top of the milk chocolate.
- Swirl the two chocolates together using a knife, then top with crushed candy cane pieces.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 4 hours, or until chocolate is completely solidified.*
- Break bark into pieces and store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.*
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.