This twist on bacon cheeseburger sliders served on King’s Hawaiian Rolls makes the perfect party appetizer or big-batch meal.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Continuing our theme of good football-watching food, this week’s post is all about the Bacon Cheeseburger… with a twist.
This is not your typical bacon cheeseburger slider. It’s not a mini patty, topped with cheese and bacon, served on a tiny roll. It’s a sloppy joe-esque pile of gooey ground beef and cheese that might not look the prettiest, but tastes delicious. And it’s by far the easiest way to serve a classic football favorite to a crowd without needing a grill.
This recipe comes from Alex’s family as one of those recipes that never really existed, it was just made. We were given the basic ingredients as a starting point: beef, Velveeta, bacon, and various spices. Not much to go off of. So we worked with what Alex remembered and combined it with ingredients from our Classic Burger Patty recipe, and eventually ended up with what we have today. It may not be the original recipe, although I’m sure the same “original” recipe was never made twice, but it definitely makes for a perfect game day snack.
This recipe packs all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger into an easy, big-batch skillet dinner. Here are the main ingredients in our Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders:
- Ground beef
- Cheddar cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
Our Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders come together in just 5 easy steps:
- Fry up some bacon and then chop it into bits
- Brown the beef with onions, garlic, and seasonings, then drain
- Stir in cheddar cheese and Velveeta until melted
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire, and bacon bits
- Serve hot on King’s Hawaiian Rolls!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are the perfect meal for feeding a crowd. We like to cook up a big batch and serve it straight in the pan, so everyone can stuff their Hawaiian rolls with as much filling as they want and have as many sliders as they like.
The filling also freezes well if you want to make a big batch for easy weeknight dinners. Just package portions in an air-tight container, then defrost overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a frying pan when you’re ready to eat. It’ll keep for up to 3 months (and be a life-saver on nights when you have no idea what to cook).
Whether you make these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders for a football party appetizer, a TV dinner on the couch, or a late night snack, you won’t be disappointed by their cheesy, flavorful goodness.
Try the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 oz Velveeta cubed
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz cooked bacon chopped
- King's Hawaiian Rolls
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and onions and cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef and season with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cook until browned, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef and return to stove over low heat.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and Velveeta until melted.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and chopped bacon and stir to combine.
- Serve hot on King's Hawaiian Rolls.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.