Our spicy twist on a classic strawberry mojito recipe is the perfect craft cocktail for a warm summer day.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
One of Nicole’s favorite cocktails is a classic mojito. However, I’m never really a fan. There’s just something about mint in a cocktail I don’t love. BUT, if you add some strawberries and jalapenos… now that’s a different story. This Strawberry Jalapeno Mojito is a fun twist on a classic cocktail.
This recipe includes all of the basic mojito ingredients:
- White rum
- Mint leaves
- Simple syrup
- Club Soda
While these Strawberry Jalapeno Mojitos require a little more involvement than a classic cocktail, we promise it isn’t hard. Here’s how to make them:
- Wash and prepare the strawberries, jalapenos, and mint.
- Add strawberries and lime juice to the shaker and muddle.
- Add mint leaves, white rum, simple syrup, and jalapenos to the shaker, and shake well.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake briefly to chill.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer, strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with club – we recommend using a bar spoon for this so the club actually falls to the bottom of the glass.*
- Garnish with a mint spring and serve.
*A traditional bar spoon is designed with a twisted handle. This allows for easy layering of drinks as the liquid hugs the handle while being poured. In this instance, we are using the bar spoon to pour the club to the bottom of the drink. This allows for minimum loss of carbonation as well as being a neat party trick. All you have to do is turn the bar spoon upside down, stick it into the glass all the way to the bottom, and pour the club slowly down the handle. The design does the rest!
While this cocktail is easy to make, a couple classic bar tools are necessary. A standard bar tool set such as our much loved 11-Piece Cocktail Shaker Set from Mixology and Craft will include everything you need and more. Here are the tools we use to create this delicious cocktail:
- Collins glasses
- Boston shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Bar spoon
And just like that, we have a light and refreshing cocktail perfect for a warm summer day. Cheers!
Strawberry Jalapeno Mojitos
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 6 mint leaves
- 4 fl oz white rum
- 1 fl oz simple syrup
- 1 small jalapeno sliced into wheels
- Club soda
- Mint sprigs optional garnish
- Remove and discard the tops of the strawberries, then slice strawberries in half.
- Muddle strawberries and lime juice in the bottom of the shaker.
- Add the mint leaves, white rum, simple syrup, and jalapeno slices, and shake to combine.
- Add ice to the shaker, then shake until chilled.
- Fill two Collins glasses with ice. Strain mojitos into each glass, then top off with club soda.*
- Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves and serve with a straw.