A twist on vodka lemonade with rosemary simple syrup and limoncello, this refreshing cocktail is perfect for sipping on a hot summer day!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
It’s been hot and sunny this week in California, and it’s only April. But this weather has us dreaming of beach days and picnics in the park, so we couldn’t help but break out some summer recipes a little early this year!
There’s nothing more refreshing than sipping on a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day. It’s the perfect way to cool down and treat yourself to something a little sweet. But when happy hour hits and all you want is a delicious cocktail that’s both refreshing and sweet, what do you turn to?
The answer: our Rosemary Vodka Lemonade.
What Is Rosemary Vodka Lemonade?
If vodka lemonade is the adult version of lemonade, our Rosemary Vodka Lemonade is like vodka lemonade’s sophisticated older cousin. Slightly more complex, not quite as sweet, and meant for sipping slowly. Basically, this is a deliciously upscale vodka lemonade that will make you wonder why you ever mixed Minute Maid and Rubinoff in college and thought it was good.
There are five main ingredients in our Rosemary Vodka Lemonade:
- Vodka (duh)
- Limoncello – for that sugary sweet lemonade flavor
- Lemon juice – adds extra lemon flavor while cutting through some of the sweetness
- Rosemary simple syrup – introduces some complexity in both flavor and scent, and gives this vodka lemonade a refreshing botanical twist
- Club soda – dilutes all of these strong flavors just enough to transform this cocktail into a lightly sparkling spiked lemonade
It’s important to note that any good cocktail depends on the quality of the ingredients that go into it, especially when it comes to alcohol. We like Smirnoff vodka since it’s pretty smooth in texture, straightforward in flavor, and more budget-friendly than comparable options. Similarly, a good limoncello will make a difference in this drink; but if you don’t have it or can’t find it at the store, you can always skip it and use more lemon juice instead. You’ll lose a little bit of the sweetness that comes from the limoncello, which you can always replace with a splash of regular simple syrup.
The most interesting flavor in this refreshing cocktail comes from the rosemary simple syrup. It’s super easy to make at home – all you need is fresh rosemary, sugar, and water – and adds so much depth to this cocktail. Lemonade can be a little potent, so introducing rosemary to our vodka lemonade tones down some of the acidity and sweetness of the drink. Likewise, topping cocktails off with club soda is a nice way to dilute strong flavors and give you that bubbly, light mouthfeel we associate with refreshing drinks like seltzer or soda.
How To Make Rosemary Vodka Lemonade
Even though it may look complex, this summer cocktail is surprisingly simple to make! Here’s how to make our Rosemary Vodka Lemonade:
- Add vodka, limoncello, lemon juice, and rosemary simple syrup to a glass, then fill with ice
- Stir well to chill the drink
- Top off with club soda
- Optionally garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig
A simple and straightforward recipe, our Rosemary Vodka Lemonade is the perfect happy hour cocktail for sipping on a hot day. It’s equally delicious by itself as it is with a light summer dish like our Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken. (It also pairs great with a charcuterie board, if wine isn’t your thing). Plus it’s sweet, it’s cold, and it’s bubbly – what more could you ask for?
Try the recipe below and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Rosemary Vodka Lemonade
- 1½ fl oz vodka
- 1 fl oz limoncello
- 1 fl oz lemon juice
- ¾ fl oz rosemary simple syrup
- Club soda
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig optional garnish
- Add vodka, limoncello, lemon juice, and rosemary simple syrup to a stemless wine glass or rocks glass. Fill with ice, then stir.
- Top off with club soda. Optionally garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig and enjoy!