This cheesy and spicy buffalo chicken dip recipe is sure to be a hit at your next Super Bowl party!Jump to Recipe
Do you know what’s right around the corner? The Super Bowl. And what’s more important than the game? The food. That’s why we want to share our favorite game day recipe with you: Buffalo Chicken Dip.
This recipe has been a favorite of my family’s for years. I grew up eating buffalo chicken dip for every occasion: football games, family gatherings, and really just any time we could justify making it (and even sometimes when we couldn’t!). My dad’s original recipe was his take on Frank’s buffalo chicken dip from the back of their bottle, but over the years it has changed and morphed to fit personal preferences. For instance, if my mom is around, we have to hold back a little on the Frank’s or it won’t go over well! However, if it’s just for Nicole and I, the more hot sauce the better.
But no matter what, I’m pretty sure that every time this buffalo chicken dip is made, more cheese gets “spilled in” than the time before!
We’ve shared our favorite way to make it with you below. In the end however, no matter how you make it, it’s always a winner – even if the team you’re rooting for isn’t.
Now, if you have any of this dip left over (which we doubt), or if you’re just looking for a reason to make it a meal instead, we have a few suggestions. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy buffalo chicken dip:
- Fritos Scoops
- Tostitos Scoops (or any tortilla chips)
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- Slices of French baguette
- Make buffalo chicken dip sliders on King’s Hawaiian Rolls…
- …or a full-size sandwich on your favorite bun when you know a slider just isn’t enough!
- Add a layer to a grilled cheese sandwich for a more filling and spicy take on a classic
- Use as a unique burger topping!
For Everything Else
- Spice up a plain piece of pizza by spreading this dip on top
- Just enjoy it with a spoon!
If you find any other ways to enjoy your buffalo chicken dip, please let us know in the comments below! We’re always looking for an excuse to make some more of this delicious dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1½ lbs raw chicken breast
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese softened*
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot*
- ½ cup ranch dressing*
- 1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 party-size bag Fritos Scoops*
- Slice chicken breast into pieces, roughly about the size of your palm.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, transfer chicken to the pot and turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees and begin preparing the dip. Combine cream cheese, Frank's, ranch, and cheddar cheese in a large, oven-safe baking dish. Stir well to combine.
- Remove cooked chicken from the pot and transfer to a cutting board. Shred using two forks.
- Add shredded chicken to the baking dish in batches, stirring until dip is well-combined.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, then stir well and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Fritos Scoops (or your favorite dipping vehicle)!
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.