These easy cast iron skillet nachos come together in under 15 minutes for a cheesy and delicious vegetarian-friendly snack.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
It’s no secret we’re big nacho-lovers. So it’s about time we share our new loaded nachos recipe, which we came up with on the fly one night when we were running low on groceries. Introducing… 15-minute cast iron skillet nachos!
Sometimes the best nachos are the simplest nachos. There’s really nothing better than gooey cheese on top of salty tortilla chips, complete with whatever fresh toppings you’ve got laying around. They’re the perfect lazy dish for when you just don’t want to put in a ton of effort.
Our cast iron skillet nachos are loaded with delicious fresh produce and black beans, plus they’re vegetarian! No meat equals a quick, easy, and budget-friendly dish of skillet nachos you can bake right in the oven. All it takes is 6 ingredients and 15 minutes before you’re chowing down on a delicious late-night snack.
Loaded Skillet Nachos: Toppings
You don’t have to break the bank or spend hours laboring in the kitchen to make a delicious skillet full of loaded nachos! So we kept this recipe simple for the sake of budget and convenience.
Here’s what goes into our cast iron skillet nachos:
- Restaurant-style tortilla chips – There’s no better base for nachos than those giant, salty, triangle-shaped corn tortilla chips! On The Border and Que Pasa chips are two of our favorite brands.
- Shredded Mexican-blend cheese – You gotta have cheese on your nachos – so make it easy and sprinkle pre-shredded cheese right over those bad boys! Any brand will work but we love how the 365 brand mild cheddar & Monterey jack blend melts.
- Canned black beans – This pantry staple is the perfect protein-filled topping for vegetarian skillet nachos.
- Jalapeno – We love a little spice on our nachos. If you’re not a fan, skip this or substitute with something milder like bell pepper.
- Roma tomato – This type of tomato is perfect for nachos because it’s more fleshy (and less watery) than a vine tomato. You’ll get all the fresh tomato flavor you want without making a soggy mess of your nachos.
- Onion – Our recipe calls for white onion, but you can use whichever color onion you prefer!
Just remember, good food is all about using good ingredients. Use your favorite tortilla chips and cheese and pick out the freshest, ripest produce you can find at the store for the best flavor possible!
Baking Cast Iron Skillet Nachos in the Oven
Our recipe for cast iron skillet nachos is ridiculously quick and easy since it bakes in the oven. Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put down a single layer of tortilla chips in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Top with some cheese and black beans.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips, then top with the remaining cheese and black beans. Finally, top with diced jalapeno, tomato, and onion.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
Have you ever ordered a mountain-sized dish of restaurant nachos and been majorly disappointed to discover the pile of bare tortilla chips hiding under that top layer? Yeah, no thanks. The delicious secret to our cast iron skillet nachos is the double layer of cheese and beans. Because if there’s going to be multiple layers of chips in your nachos, there better be extra toppings!
It’s super easy to prepare these loaded skillet nachos for any occasion. They’re perfect for game days, parties, and late-night snacking. They even make a fun side dish for taco night! Let’s be honest, they’re nachos – so you really can’t go wrong here. Try the recipe below and let us know your favorite way to serve nachos in the comments!
Cast Iron Skillet Nachos
- 2.5 oz restaurant-style corn tortilla chips
- ⅔ cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 6 tbsp canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small jalapeno diced
- 1 small roma tomato diced
- ¼ small white onion diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a single layer of tortilla chips (about half of them) in the bottom of a cast iron skillet. Top with 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese and about 2 tbsp black beans.
- Add the remaining tortilla chips, then top with the remaining cheese and black beans. Finally, top with the jalapeno, tomato, and onion.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and gooey. Serve immediately.