These savory beer cheese pub nachos come together in just 15 minutes with only 6 ingredients! It’s the best game day appetizer paired with your favorite beer.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
It’s no secret we’re obsessed with nachos. So it should come as no surprise that we’re sharing yet another recipe for loaded nachos, just in time for football season! Introducing our beer cheese nachos, a pub-style game day appetizer that’s easy to whip up in about 15 minutes.
Loaded with creamy beer cheese, crispy bacon bits, and fresh scallions, these nachos are the epitome of pub food. Grab your favorite beer, pour some into the cheese sauce, and enjoy the rest of it alongside these nachos while watching the big game. And thank us later for introducing you to the most delicious nacho cheese sauce ever.
Beer Cheese Nacho Recipe Ingredients
You don’t need a lot to make restaurant style pub nachos with beer cheese sauce – just 6 simple ingredients:
- Restaurant style tortilla chips
- Cream cheese
- Extra sharp white cheddar cheese
Tostitos restaurant style tortilla chips are perfect for these nachos. They’re large and hold up well under the thick and creamy beer cheese sauce. Plus, they’re pretty salty, which makes the flavors of the bacon, cheddar, and scallions really pop.
When it comes to the beer cheese sauce, we recommend using a beer with a relatively plain flavor – like a Blue Moon or Sam Adams Boston Lager. You will taste the beer, so pick one you like!
How To Make Pub Style Beer Cheese Nachos
You can make delicious beer cheese nachos in just a few steps! Prepare the toppings, make the beer cheese sauce, and throw it all together. That’s it.
The best part is, the beer cheese sauce comes together in 10 minutes or less.
Here’s how to make pub style beer cheese nachos at home:
- First, you’ll need to fry the bacon. Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry over medium-high heat. Once it’s crispy, transfer to a paper towel to drain the extra grease and set aside.
- Next, prepare the beer cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, heat the cream cheese over medium-low heat until it’s slightly melty. Then, add the shredded cheese and beer. Stir frequently until the cheese is melted and the sauce is an even texture.
- Finally, assemble the nachos. Pile the tortilla chips on a large plate, then drizzle with cheese sauce. Top with bacon bits and scallions and enjoy!
We recommend using a large plate or serving platter for beer cheese nachos, so you can try to keep the chips in as much of a single layer as possible. This way, all the chips get covered in delicious beer cheese nacho sauce, crispy bacon bits, and scallions.
Also – don’t be afraid to be generous with the beer cheese. These are the kind of restaurant style nachos that are just as delicious when they’re a little soggy, because the flavor of that beer cheese is just so freaking good.
These savory beer cheese nachos are the best game day appetizer. We love making them for Super Bowl parties! You can also make beer cheese nachos for game nights with friends, fantasy football draft parties, or even an indulgent date night in. The sky’s the limit!
Really, there’s no occasion we wouldn’t recommend making nachos for.
Serve them by themselves, or make an appetizer spread with other game day favorites like our air fryer buffalo wings, agave chili lime chicken wings, cheeseburger egg rolls, or buffalo chicken taquitos.
What are you waiting for? Make these beer cheese nachos for Sunday night football and don’t forget to rate, comment, and share!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
- Cast Iron Skillet Nachos
- Easy Soft Pretzel Bites & Beer Cheese
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with Sriracha Mayo
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Beer Cheese Nachos
- ⅓ pound bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup beer
- 6 ounces restaurant style tortilla chips
- 2 medium scallions sliced
- First, chop the bacon into small pieces and fry over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess grease and set aside.
- Next, make the beer cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese over medium-low heat until it's melty, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the shredded cheese and beer, and stir frequently until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Finally, assemble the nachos. Spread the tortilla chips out on a large plate or serving platter and drizzle evenly with beer cheese sauce. Top with bacon bits and scallions and serve immediately.