You can make this easy pizza pasta bake with just 4 store-bought ingredients! It’s the perfect kid-friendly dinner for busy weeknights.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If you’re a fan of both pizza and pasta, you’re going to love this easy pizza pasta bake recipe! This fun twist on pasta night is made with just 4 store-bought ingredients and bakes in the oven for a simple, hands-free weeknight dinner.
This recipe is definitely one of the most untraditional pasta recipes we’ve made. It tastes just like pepperoni pizza – cheesy, gooey, savory, and just a tad greasy. It’s definitely not the healthiest meal, but when you’re craving some comfort food and a big bowl of cheese, this pizza pasta bake fits the bill.
Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe Ingredients
You only need 4 ingredients to make this easy pizza pasta bake:
- Roasted garlic pasta sauce
- Shredded Italian blend cheese
Store-bought pasta sauce and a bag of shredded cheese make this a super easy, no-frills weeknight dinner. We love the Classico brand of pasta sauce for recipes like this pizza pasta bake – especially since their roasted garlic sauce is reminiscent of pizza sauce.
How To Make A Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
Making a pizza pasta bake is almost like making a pizza, except the dough is pasta. And some of your toppings get mixed into the pasta. So, not really like making a pizza, but almost 🙂
Here’s how to make the best Italian pizza pasta bake in about 45 minutes:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, boil the pasta until al dente. Strain, then return the pasta to the pot or transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pasta sauce, about two-thirds of the cheese, and three-quarters of the pepperoni to the pasta. Stir to combine thoroughly, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Top the pasta with the remaining shredded cheese and chopped pepperoni.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve hot.
Make sure to reserve some of the cheese and pepperoni for topping the pasta once it’s in the baking dish. This makes the pasta bake actually look like pizza – and makes it taste extra gooey and delicious!
Pizza Pasta Bake Serving Suggestions
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake is a cheesy, savory, comfort food dinner you can make when you’re craving something extra indulgent – or when you need a change from regular old pasta (or pizza). Bonus: this recipe is kid-friendly!
We recommend serving pizza pasta bake with a side salad, garlic bread, or Italian bread and dipping oils. You can never go wrong pairing pasta with even more carbs, in our opinion.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
You can store leftover pizza pasta in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 2 minutes per serving, stirring halfway through.
So that’s it! With just 4 ingredients, you can make a tasty pizza pasta bake with pepperoni in under an hour. Simple, easy, and delicious – what more could you ask for?
Try our pizza pasta bake recipe and let us know what you think by leaving a rating and comment below. Don’t forget to share if you love it, and check out all our best pasta recipes here.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Pizza Pasta Bake
- ½ pound cavatappi
- 12 ounces roasted garlic pasta sauce
- 1½ cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in the cavatappi. Boil until al dente, about 10 minutes or so, then strain and return cooked pasta to the pot. Remove from heat.
- Next, add the pasta sauce, two-thirds of the cheese, and three-quarters of the pepperoni to the cooked pasta. Stir to combine, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese evenly over the pasta, then top with the remaining pepperoni.
- Finally, bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.