This 4-layer skillet pepperoni pizza dip recipe uses fluffy yeast dinner rolls for a delicious, one-pan game day appetizer everyone will love.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If there’s any food out there that’s better than pizza, this skillet pepperoni pizza dip might be it. Surrounded by a ring of soft, fluffy, chewy dinner rolls brushed with butter and Italian seasonings, this recipe is like pizza’s more fun cousin. Crust? Who needs it! Pile on the sauce, cheese, and ’roni and dig into this comfort food dip instead.
Skillet baked pepperoni pizza dip is the perfect game day recipe for football Sundays. It tastes just like pepperoni pizza, and it’s super easy to throw together with just 5 ingredients (plus seasonings). Baking and serving it right in the skillet keeps this dip plenty warm – especially when it’ll probably disappear within seconds! It’s seriously delicious.
The best part? Our pizza dip is topped with chopped pepperoni, making it easier to dip into – and no one has to fight over the last piece of pepperoni 🙂
Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Dip Ingredients
To make skillet pepperoni pizza dip with rolls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Frozen yeast dinner rolls
- Cream cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
We recommend using Rhodes Bake-N-Serve rolls for this recipe. They’re super soft and chewy, and they work perfectly as a pizza dough-esque complement to the pizza dip.
For the pizza sauce, you can use your favorite store-bought brand or make our easy homemade pizza sauce (it takes less than 15 minutes!).
Our pepperoni pizza dip is made with cream cheese for extra creamy goodness – and this acts as a bit of structure to keep the pizza sauce and cheese from overflowing too much into the dinner rolls. Make sure to set the cream cheese on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes before making this dish so that it’ll be easy to spread into the bottom of the skillet.
How To Make Skillet Pizza Dip
To make our skillet pepperoni pizza dip, you’ll need a large cast iron skillet and a little bit of advanced planning to let the rolls rise. Then it just takes a few minutes to assemble the dip, and the whole thing bakes in under 30 minutes!
Here’s how to make baked pizza dip with rolls:
- First, line the outside edge of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with the frozen dinner rolls. Let them rise for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Next, spread softened cream cheese in the center of the pan, getting it as close to the rolls as you can. Press down gently in the middle and work your way out to form a small lip around the edge of the cream cheese. Creating a large well will keep the rest of the dip from overflowing into the rolls.
- Then, fill the well with pizza sauce. Top evenly with shredded cheese, then pepperoni.
- Bake the dip at 350 degrees F until the rolls are slightly golden on top, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and salt. Serve immediately.
Not too bad for a restaurant style skillet of ooey-gooey hot pizza dip!
Serving Suggestions: How To Serve & When To Make Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Dip
This pizza dip is pretty messy, so we recommend grabbing a small spatula and dishing out a dinner roll plus some dip onto a small plate. You can embrace the inherent mess of game day snacks like this dip and eat it with your hands, or grab a fork and dig in!
Skillet pepperoni pizza dip is great for watching the game with friends or for entertaining, whether it’s a family party or a holiday gathering. Since pizza is always a crowd-pleaser, you can be sure everyone will love this pizza dip.
Try our skillet pepperoni pizza dip recipe and don’t forget to rate, comment, and share if you love it! For more delicious game day snacks, check out all our dip recipes here.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Restaurant Style Mexican Bean Dip
- Homemade Pizza Bagels
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe
- First, line the outside edge of a cast iron skillet with the frozen dinner rolls, evenly spacing them. Let sit on the counter for 3 to 4 hours, until the rolls defrost.
- Next, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Carefully spread the softened cream cheese into the bottom of the skillet, up to the edges of the dinner rolls. Press down gently in the middle and work your way out to form a small lip around the edge of the cream cheese, creating a large well for the pizza sauce.
- Add the pizza sauce in an even layer on top of the cream cheese. Then, sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and top with chopped pepperoni.
- Bake the pizza dip until the rolls are slightly golden on top, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Finally, brush the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder, oregano, and salt. Serve hot.