You can make these homemade mini pizza bagels in the oven in just 20 minutes. Customize them with your favorite toppings and easily feed a hungry crowd!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If you were a kid in the 90s or 2000s, you probably grew up snacking on store-bought mini pizza bagels at playdates and sleepovers. Well, we’ve had a nostalgic craving for pizza bagels lately and decided it was time to upgrade to homemade pizza bagels we could whip up for lunch in a pinch!
This recipe uses plain mini bagels, homemade pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and any of your favorite toppings for simple and delicious pizza bagels you can make in about 20 minutes. They’re such a fun meal to make – and to eat – and will take you back to childhood as soon as you take a bite.
Homemade Pizza Bagels Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make these homemade mini pizza bagels:
- Plain mini bagels
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Pepperoni (optional)
We always have a big batch of our homemade pizza sauce in the freezer, ready to defrost for recipes like this one! Get the recipe here for our 10-minute pizza sauce, or use your favorite store-bought brand.
For the pizza cheese, we recommend buying a block of processed mozzarella cheese and shredding it yourself. This will give you the most gooey, melty, delicious texture possible and really takes these homemade pizza bagels to the next level.
How To Make Homemade Pizza Bagels
Homemade pizza bagels are a quick, fun, and easy meal to prepare on a large sheet pan in the oven! You can easily scale this recipe to make a big batch for a crowd, and it’ll only take about 20 minutes.
Here’s how to make pizza bagels in the oven:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate the mini bagels into halves and place them face down on the baking sheet. Brush the bagels with melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Bake until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes or so, then remove them from the oven.
- Carefully flip the bagels over so the cut sides are facing up. Evenly distribute the sauce over each bagel, then top with shredded cheese and finish with a pinch of salt.
- Optionally top pizza bagels with pepperoni, or any of your other favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Ye – you should toast bagels before making pizza bagels! But not just in the toaster – what makes our recipe unique is that we brush the bagels with butter, season them, and lightly toast them in the oven before adding any toppings. This adds so much extra flavor to the bagels and really makes them taste more like pizza crust.
If you want to top these with pepperoni, we recommend chopping it up into smaller pieces first so you can distribute it more evenly over the mini bagels. The same goes for any other toppings you might want to put on your pizza bagels – keep them small!
Sheet Pan Pizza Bagel Recipe Variations
You can customize your homemade mini pizza bagels with any of your favorite toppings! Here are a few ideas you might want to try:
- Ground sausage and diced bell pepper
- Diced peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- Black olives
- Diced grilled chicken and red onion
- Pineapple and ham
- Fresh basil
- Jalapenos and hot honey
- Bacon bits
The possibilities are endless. Make a fun activity out of this recipe and get the whole family together for build-your-own pizza bagels with everyone’s favorite toppings!
Homemade sheet pan pizza bagels are the easy solution when you don’t know what to feed a crowd of hungry kids. They’re great for lunch or dinner – it’s easy to make a ton at once, and they cook quickly to satisfy those hungry bellies.
This recipe isn’t just for kids, though! You can also make pizza bagels for a unique game day snack. Throw together a tray with a few different kinds of toppings and serve them up during the game for an easy handheld snack everyone will love.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
If you have any pizza bagels leftover, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. We recommend storing them in an air-tight container or plastic resealable bags. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Try our homemade pizza bagels recipe and let us know what you think by rating and commenting below!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Mini Grilled Margherita Pizzas
- Thin Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Teriyaki Pulled Pork Pull Apart Sliders
- Chicken Parm Sliders
Homemade Pizza Bagels
- Parchment paper
- 8 mini plain bagels separated in half
- 1¾ cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Pepperoni quartered (optional topping)
- First, line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, place the bagels cut side down on the baking sheet. Brush them with melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Bake until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes, then remove them from the oven.
- Carefully flip the bagels over so the cut sides are facing up. Evenly distribute the sauce amongst the bagels and spread into an even layer, then top bagels with shredded mozzarella cheese. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepperoni or other optional toppings if desired.
- Bake the pizza bagels in the oven until the cheese is bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.