These crispy, savory air fryer cheeseburger egg rolls are just as easy as they are delicious! Served with an irresistible spicy sriracha mayo dip, they’ll be your new favorite game day snack in no time.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Like we mentioned last week, we’re so excited that football season is back! Not only because we love watching the sport, but also because we’ll take any excuse to indulge in savory game day snacks. Which is why we’ve got another new recipe for you that’s perfect for snacking on while watching the game: restaurant style Cheeseburger Egg Rolls. Cooked in the air fryer for that crispy, crunchy perfection and served with a spicy sriracha mayo dipping sauce, these easy egg rolls will quickly become your go-to game day appetizer.
These egg rolls are a fun and unique way to serve cheeseburgers as a dippable finger food! The filling is a savory mixture of ground beef seasoned with garlic, red onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt, plus cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Basically a creamier, cheesier cheeseburger patty that you can easily stuff inside egg roll wrappers! It’s so delicious and really evokes those tasty cheeseburger flavors. Plus, these egg rolls cook easily in an air fryer for restaurant quality crispiness at home – without all the deep fryer oil and mess!
The best part is, they taste just like restaurant egg rolls. You can’t even tell that they were cooked in an air fryer and not deep fried. I mean, just look at that bubbly, golden-brown shell!
Keep reading for a full list of ingredients in our cheeseburger egg rolls, plus tips on how to successfully make this recipe and serve it at your next football watch party.
Restaurant Style Cheeseburger Egg Roll Ingredients
To make the perfect savory egg rolls for your game day snack, you’ll need a few basic ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Red onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cream cheese
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Egg roll wrappers
- Chives (optional garnish)
The idea behind our cheeseburger egg rolls is simple: take a cheeseburger and turn it into an egg roll filling! Inspired by our classic burger patty recipe, you’ll flavor the ground beef with garlic, onion, Worcestershire, and salt. Then you’ll mix it with shredded sharp cheddar to get that gooey cheeseburger texture and flavor. Finally, the cream cheese acts as a binder for the loose ground beef and onions, so that the insides of your cheeseburger egg rolls aren’t too densely stuffed with meat.
The result? A perfectly balanced egg roll filling of savory meat, tangy onions, and gooey, creamy cheese that just gets better with every bite.
How To Make Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
These cheeseburger egg rolls are the best savory snack because they’re so easy to make! You don’t need a deep fryer and tons of oil to make delicious egg rolls at home – all you need is an air fryer.
Here’s how to make restaurant quality cheeseburger egg rolls in your air fryer:
- Make the cheeseburger filling. First you’ll need to brown the ground beef in a frying pan, then drain the excess grease and add the garlic, onion, Worcestershire, and salt. Once that’s cooked, transfer it to a bowl with cream cheese and shredded cheddar and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Wrap the egg rolls. This is the fun part! Spoon your cheeseburger filling onto the egg roll wrappers and roll them tightly (see detailed instructions and photos below).
- Cook the egg rolls in the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F, then grease the basket and place a few egg rolls in it seam side down. Grease the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray to help create that crispy, crunchy outer shell. Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and spray them again, and cook for another 4 minutes or so until the egg rolls are crispy, golden brown, and bubbly.
- Serve hot with sriracha mayo dipping sauce. Our “special sauce” for serving with these cheeseburger egg rolls is a spicy sriracha mayo. It’s delicious! Optionally garnish the egg rolls (and the dipping sauce) with minced chives for extra zingy flavor.
A few tips for success:
- Wrapping egg rolls is easy, once you know how to do it. The key is to wrap them tightly so they take on the proper shape and don’t fall apart during cooking! Check out our brief tutorial on wrapping egg rolls below if you’ve never done it before.
- Only cook a single layer of egg rolls at a time and leave enough space between them so they get good airflow. You’ll likely need to work in batches, but these little guys stay pretty hot inside for a while.
- If any of your egg rolls do get cold – i.e., while you’re waiting on the rest to cook if you’re making a large batch, or if you got distracted by the football game and forgot to eat your snacks – they reheat perfectly in the air fryer. Just throw them back in and turn on the air fryer at 375 for a few minutes.
How To Wrap Egg Rolls
Before tackling this recipe, we learned how to properly wrap egg rolls from The Woks of Life. We’ve briefly summarized the steps below to help you make our cheeseburger egg roll recipe! But if you’re interested in a detailed explanation with a full video tutorial on how to wrap egg rolls, check out their article here.
- Prepare your workstation with your cheeseburger filling, egg roll wrappers, a small bowl of water, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and a sheet of parchment paper for working on.
- Lay the egg roll wrapper flat on your parchment work surface with one corner pointing towards you.
- Spoon the cheeseburger filling into the lower third of the wrapper and gently shape it into a log. Fold the corner of the wrapper facing you over the filling, then gently tuck it under the filling.
- Press down on the wrapper on both sides of the filling to begin sealing the ends. Then, fold each of the side corners in towards the middle, one at a time.
- Wet your fingers with a little bit of water and spread it over the exposed inside face of the egg roll wrapper, towards the top. This will help it seal once it’s rolled.
- Finally, tightly roll towards the top corner and place the egg roll seam side down on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
Two Ingredient Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce
You might think the recipe for sriracha mayo dipping sauce is complicated – but not our recipe. We like simple, easy dipping sauces that we can quickly whip up and serve with our favorite snacks. So our sriracha mayo has literally two ingredients: sriracha and mayo!
Simply mix light mayonnaise and sriracha at a ratio of 2 to 1. This makes the perfect creamy dip for crunchy, salty cheeseburger egg rolls. A little spicy, yet a little cooling and refreshing at the same time, for the most delicious bite.
For 12 egg rolls, we like to combine ¼ cup of light mayo with 2 tablespoons of sriracha. Adjust the amounts as needed based on how much of this special sauce you want with your cheeseburger egg rolls. And feel free to use more sriracha if you like things spicier!
Plate these crispy cheeseburger egg rolls alongside a bowl of spicy sriracha mayo dipping sauce, and voila – you have the perfect game day snack for your guests! Or for yourself, because everyone deserves to indulge in a restaurant style appetizer at home every now and then. No matter the occasion, we know you’ll love these savory, dippable snacks as much as we do!
Try the recipe below and don’t forget to bookmark this page. Once you taste a bite of these cheeseburger egg rolls, you’ll be coming back every Sunday (or at least for the Super Bowl) to make this recipe again and again. It’s that irresistible.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Poppers
- Easy Soft Pretzel Bites & Beer Cheese Dip
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with Sriracha Mayo
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ small red onion diced
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Chives minced (optional garnish)
- ¼ cup light mayo
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Add the ground beef to a large frying pan and start cooking over medium-high heat, immediately breaking up the beef into small pieces. Cook until there is no pink left, about 7 to 10 minutes, then carefully drain any excess grease.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add minced garlic, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Stir to combine and cook until the onions are slightly softened and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a large mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese, then stir to combine thoroughly.
- Next, prepare to wrap the egg rolls. Set up a work station with your cheeseburger filling, the egg roll wrappers, a small bowl of water, and a 1/4 cup measuring cup or large spoon. Lay out a sheet of parchment paper to work on and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for transporting the egg rolls.
- To wrap the egg rolls: First, lay one wrapper down with a corner pointed towards you. Spoon a loose 1/4 cup of cheeseburger filling into the bottom third of the wrapper. Fold the corner closest to you over the filling, tuck it under the filling, then gently press down to seal the ends on either side of the filling. Next, fold the two sides in (one at a time) towards the middle of the egg roll. Finally, wet the exposed inside half of the wrapper and then tightly roll the egg roll away from you to seal. Place the egg roll seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all egg rolls are wrapped.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Lightly grease the basket with cooking spray, then place egg rolls in the basket in a single layer, leaving some space between (you will likely need to cook them in batches). Grease the egg rolls with cooking spray and cook for 4 minutes or until bottoms are lightly crisped. Flip them over, spray them again, and cook for another 4 minutes or until crispy. Transfer cooked egg rolls to the parchment-lined baking sheet to drain before serving.
- While the egg rolls cook, prepare the Sriracha Mayo. In a small bowl, whisk together light mayo with sriracha until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve egg rolls hot with Sriracha Mayo for dipping, optionally garnished with minced chives. Enjoy!
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.