A unique twist on jalapeno poppers with bacon and garlic & herb cheese, these boats make the perfect crowd-pleasing game day appetizer.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If you like spicy food, there’s a good chance you’re a fan of jalapeno poppers. Hot peppers stuffed with cheese are the perfect game day snack for spice lovers like us, so we created a new type of jalapeno popper for our Super Bowl party last month: Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Popper Boats.
We know, it’s a mouthful to say. But what better way to indicate how it feels to eat these than with a jam-packed name full of flavor? Besides, true jalapeno poppers are whole jalapenos that are cored and stuffed with cheese. We made jalapeno popper boats by slicing the jalapenos in half before coring and filling them with cheese.
(We think they’re cuter this way, plus this makes it much easier to “stuff” them with cheese.)
It’s no secret that we love Alouette’s garlic & herb spreadable cheese and take every opportunity to eat it in new and exciting ways. While brainstorming recipes for our homemade jalapeno popper boats, I instantly wanted to use Alouette cheese in place of the traditional cream cheese filling. It’s similar in texture, but lighter and way more flavorful.
Every good jalapeno popper has a crunchy component, whether it’s coated in crispy breadcrumbs, battered and fried, or wrapped in bacon. So we topped our jalapeno popper boats with crispy, crumbled bacon to complement the garlicky cheese and add some much-needed crunch.
Our Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Popper Boats come together in just 5 easy steps:
- Slice jalapeno peppers lengthwise, core and de-seed
- Bake jalapenos until softened
- Fill jalapeno boats with garlic and herb spreadable cheese and top with crumbled bacon
- Bake until warmed through
And that’s pretty much it! Three simple ingredients, five simple steps, and a whole lot of deliciousness to serve to your friends and family. This is probably one of the easiest game day appetizers you could make, especially if you prepare the bacon ahead of time and have it ready to go before kickoff.
Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Popper Boats
- 8 large jalapenos*
- 6.5 oz Alouette garlic & herbs soft spreadable cheese
- 4 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise, then core and remove seeds. Place them on the baking sheet cut side up.
- Bake jalapenos for 15 minutes, until slightly softened. While they're baking, let the garlic & herbs spreadable cheese come to room temperature so it's easier to spread.*
- Remove jalapenos from the oven. Carefully fill each boat with a schmear of garlic & herbs cheese, then top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is warmed through. Remove from oven and let cool for up to 5 minutes before serving.