These simple 4-ingredient avocado chorizo spring rolls are a crispy, crunchy, and creamy game day appetizer you won’t be able to resist.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If you’re looking for game day appetizer ideas, you know we have no shortage of tasty, crowd-pleasing recipes (check them out here). Well, we’ve got another exciting game day snack for you this week: avocado chorizo spring rolls. This easy 4-ingredient recipe is the perfect savory, creamy, and crunchy treat for snacking on while watching the big game!
Inspired by a delicious deep fried avocado chorizo roll we ate recently at the California Avocado Festival, these avocado chorizo spring rolls are made with layers of cream cheese, mashed avocado, and ground chorizo all wrapped up in Chinese spring roll wrappers. They cook in the air fryer so they’re super easy to make at home (no deep fryer required)! The result is a crispy, crunchy, flaky outside with a creamy, savory filling on the inside – and every bite is incredible.
Serve these spring rolls with sriracha mayo dip for one of the best game day finger foods and watch them disappear in seconds!
Avocado Chorizo Spring Roll Recipe Ingredients
You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make this easy game day appetizer:
- Ground chorizo
- Cream cheese
- Spring roll wrappers
Why ground chorizo? Ground, loose chorizo is best for this recipe so you can easily brown it in a frying pan and then scoop it onto the spring roll wrappers, much like ground beef.
How to pick the perfect avocado: Since these spring rolls have a simple 3-ingredient filling, the quality of your avocado matters – you’ll taste it in every bite! You’ll want to use a perfectly ripe avocado that’s bright green and soft on the inside. To tell if an avocado is ripe, gently squeeze around the widest part of the fruit; if the skin gives slightly under your fingers, it’s ripe.
Why use cream cheese? Our avocado chorizo spring roll recipe includes cream cheese for added moisture, texture, and flavor. Without it, the spring roll filling would be slightly dry and fall apart more easily when you take a bite. Think of the cream cheese as the “glue” that holds everything together inside the spring rolls.
What are spring roll wrappers made of? Typically, Chinese spring roll wrappers are made with wheat flour and some combination of water, oil, and salt. They tend to be thinner than traditional Chinese egg roll wrappers, which are thick and doughy. Some stores sell “egg roll/spring roll wraps” that will work just fine for this recipe if it’s all you can find, but we think these are more similar in texture to egg rolls than spring rolls. Your best bet for finding true spring roll wrappers will be visiting your local Asian market, if you have one.
How To Make A Spring Roll With Avocado & Chorizo
These restaurant quality avocado chorizo spring rolls are super simple to make! The spring roll filling is made with layers of cream cheese, avocado, and chorizo so that you can assemble them right on the wrappers. No mixing or extra steps involved – just prepare your 3 ingredients, then pile everything onto the spring roll wrappers.
Here’s how to make avocado chorizo spring rolls:
- Brown the ground chorizo in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl.
- Lay out your spring roll wrappers and assemble them with a schmear of cream cheese, a layer of mashed avocado, and a spoonful of chorizo.
- Roll the spring rolls, then cook them in the air fryer until crispy.
How To Roll Spring Rolls
Rolling spring rolls isn’t too difficult. Here’s a simple breakdown of how to roll spring rolls:
- Lay the spring roll wrapper with a corner facing you. Put the filling in the bottom third of the wrapper (near the corner closest to you).
- Take the corner near you and fold it over the filling, then tuck it under the filling. Gently press down on both sides of the filling to begin sealing the ends.
- Fold one of the side corners in towards the center, then the other.
- Wet the top part of the wrapper with some water, then tightly roll towards the top.
That’s it! We like to work on parchment paper for easy cleanup afterwards, and to make sure there’s plenty of space for setting aside the rolled spring rolls. Helpful tip: If you’re making a large batch of spring rolls, lay a damp paper towel on top of the rolled spring rolls to keep them from drying out before you cook them.
Tips For Success
Making spring rolls at home can be tricky if you’ve never done it before, so here are some helpful tips to ensure this recipe goes smoothly:
- Use softened cream cheese so that it spreads easily on the spring roll wrappers. These wrappers are thin and can tear easily if you’re not gentle with them.
- Make sure to mash the avocado – this helps it stay in place as you roll the spring rolls and makes less mess when you’re actually eating them!
- Grease the air fryer basket, and then grease the spring rolls with cooking spray – this is how they’ll get nice and crispy.
- Give the spring rolls plenty of space in the air fryer basket so the hot air can disperse around them and cook them evenly. These spring rolls cook at a high temperature for a short amount of time to prevent the filling from drying out while the wrappers crisp – but the cook time will vary based on how much you fill the air fryer basket. We recommend cooking only 2 or 3 spring rolls at a time for consistency with our recipe.
Serving Avocado Chorizo Spring Rolls
Avocado chorizo spring rolls make great game day appetizers for two, or twenty! No matter how many people you’re serving, you can easily scale this recipe to fit your needs. We recommend serving these spring rolls with a side of sriracha mayo for dipping. A creamy, spicy dip complements these crunchy, savory spring rolls very nicely, and who doesn’t love dippable finger foods on game day?
Try our simple 4-ingredient avocado chorizo spring roll recipe below for your next football party! If you (and your guests) love this recipe, don’t forget to rate, comment, and share. We’d love to hear what you think!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with Sriracha Mayo
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Tiny Tacos with Spicy Dipping Trio
- Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Poppers
- Chorizo Sweet Potato Fry Pizza
Avocado Chorizo Spring Rolls
- ½ lb ground chorizo
- 2 small avocados
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- First, brown the chorizo in a frying pan over medium-high heat, about 7 to 9 minutes. Then set aside.
- Next, mash avocado in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lightly grease the basket of an air fryer and preheat to 400 degrees F, then prepare to assemble the spring rolls. Lay out parchment paper or use a large cutting board as your work surface. Fill a small bowl with water for wetting the wrappers.
- Assemble the spring rolls. First, lay a spring roll wrapper flat on your work surface with one corner pointed towards you. Spread 1/4 ounce of cream cheese onto the bottom third of the wrapper, then top with about 1 tbsp of the mashed avocado. Next, spoon about 2 tbsp of the ground chorizo on top of the avocado. Roll tightly, then set aside and repeat to roll the remaining spring rolls.
- Place spring rolls in the air fryer basket and grease the tops with cooking spray. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until lightly crisped, then flip and grease again with cooking spray. Cook for another 2 to 4 minutes until crispy. Work in batches so that there is plenty of space between spring rolls as they cook.
- Let spring rolls cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sriracha mayo for dipping!