You only need 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this easy dairy free acai smoothie bowl recipe. It’s the perfect quick and healthy breakfast for busy mornings!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Lately we’ve been looking for ways to shake up our breakfast routine and add more fruit to our diets. So if you’re also sick of eating the same old breakfast every day, you might want to try our new dairy free acai smoothie bowl recipe!
Smoothie bowls are a healthy and refreshing breakfast you can easily make before work, or treat yourself to on the weekend. All you need is a few kinds of fruit, acai powder, almond milk, and peanut butter, plus whatever toppings you enjoy – like granola, coconut shreds, and fresh fruit. These acai smoothie bowls are filling, nutritious, fruity, and fresh!
Plus, there’s no yogurt or milk in this recipe, so anyone can enjoy this dairy free acai bowl recipe.
Dairy Free Acai Bowl Recipe Ingredients
To make a healthy acai bowl without yogurt, milk, or any other kind of dairy, you can use a mix of frozen and fresh fruit along with acai powder and a milk alternative. Here’s what we like to use in our easy dairy-free smoothie bowl recipe:
- Frozen strawberries
- Freeze-dried acai powder
- Creamy peanut butter
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh strawberries
- Peanut butter granola
You’ll use the frozen strawberries, fresh banana, acai powder, peanut butter, and almond milk to make the smoothie bowl base. The creamy peanut butter and frozen strawberries help keep the smoothie thick, without the need for yogurt.
For toppings, we like to add fresh sliced strawberries, sliced banana, and peanut butter granola (specifically KIND clusters – so delicious). But you can get creative here and top your smoothie bowl with whatever fresh fruit, grains, and other flavors you love! Keep reading for a few recommendations on what to use for smoothie bowl toppings below.
Note: If you can’t find acai powder at your local grocery store, you can purchase it on Amazon here!
How To Make A Dairy Free Acai Smoothie Bowl
It’s super easy to make a healthy acai smoothie bowl at home, as long as you have a powerful blender. Here’s how to do it in just 3 steps:
- Add frozen strawberries, banana, acai powder, peanut butter, and almond milk to the blender.
- Pulse a few times to break up the strawberries, then blend at low speed to start, increasing speed to medium and/or pulsing intermittently as needed until the smoothie is creamy and thick.
- Transfer smoothie to bowls and top with fresh strawberries, banana, and peanut butter granola.
Depending on how powerful your blender is, you may need to give the smoothie a stir every once in a while during blending in case any frozen chunks of strawberry get stuck in the blades. Just make sure to turn the blender off – or even better, unplug it – before reaching in there with a spoon!
Tip: Some blenders (like this one) have a smoothie or milkshake button that can help blend thicker mixtures like these acai bowls. Sometimes this setting works wonders on its own, or used in combination with some occasional pulsing and stirring.
Acai Bowl Topping Suggestions
One of the things we love most about healthy smoothie bowls is that you can completely customize the toppings depending on what you’re in the mood for! Fresh fruit, crunchy toppings like granola, and a drizzle of something nutty or sweet taste great together on an acai bowl and provide an interesting mix of flavors and textures.
Here are a few suggestions for what to put on top of your dairy free acai bowl:
- Fresh fruit – strawberries, banana, blueberries, mango, pineapple, goji berries
- Crunchy toppings – granola, coconut shreds, cacao nibs, hemp seeds
- Condiments – peanut butter, almond butter, honey
Don’t let yourself be limited by this list, though – there are tons more superfoods and smoothie bowl topping ideas you can try using our base smoothie recipe! Get creative and let us know in the comments what your favorite flavor combos are.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These dairy free acai smoothie bowls are the perfect healthy and refreshing breakfast. They’re loaded up with nutrition from all the fruit (especially acai – it’s a superfood!), in addition to whatever toppings you choose to dress them up with. And with a powerful blender, you can easily make these in just 10 minutes – quick enough to enjoy as a healthy breakfast before heading out the door for work or hitting the gym.
Plus, a fresh and fruity smoothie bowl is a satisfying alternative to a plain ol’ smoothie, if you’re craving something a little extra filling. These acai smoothie bowls will keep your belly happy all morning long!
Try our easy dairy free acai smoothie bowl recipe and don’t forget to rate, comment, and share if you love it. We can’t wait to hear what you think!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
- Strawberry Balsamic Avocado Toast
Dairy Free Acai Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Acai Bowl Smoothie Base
- 3 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tbsp freeze-dried acai powder
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
Acai Bowl Toppings
- 4 large strawberries sliced
- 1 medium banana sliced
- ⅔ cup peanut butter granola
- First, make the smoothie base. Add frozen strawberries, banana, acai powder, peanut butter, and almond milk to a blender. Pulse a few times to break up the strawberries, then blend on low speed. Increase speed to medium and/or pulse intermittently as needed until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Transfer smoothie to bowls. Then, top each smoothie bowl with 2 strawberries (sliced), half a banana (sliced), and 1/3 cup of granola. Serve immediately.