Bring the flavors (and colors!) of the season to your dinner table with this easy and healthy fall vegetable medley recipe.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Cooking with seasonal ingredients is one of the best ways to ensure fresh and delicious flavor. While it’s easy to turn to your pantry and rely on canned goods as the weather gets colder, we’re here to remind you that the fall and winter seasons don’t mean the end of fresh produce! In fact, there are plenty of fall vegetables that taste amazing when prepared with the right spices – like the butternut squash, peppers, shallots, and carrots in this fall vegetable medley.
This healthy vegetable side dish pairs seasonal produce with cozy, earthy fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric. It’s an easy dish that brings the colors and flavors of autumn to your dinner table, no matter what you choose to serve it with.
Fall Veggie Medley Ingredients
Our healthy fall vegetable medley features 4 classic autumn veggies seasoned with a flavorful spice blend:
- Butternut squash
- Bell peppers – green, yellow, and red
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Garam masala
- Ground turmeric
Spices always make vegetables taste so much better. Our blend of garam masala, paprika, and ground turmeric accents the earthy flavors of these veggies, while providing notes of cinnamon and spice that just taste like fall.
We like to use three different colored bell peppers – green, yellow, and red – to brighten up this dish and bring the colors of the season to the dinner table. Along with orange butternut squash and carrots, this easy vegetable side dish looks just like fall foliage!
How To Make Our Fall Vegetable Medley
This is one of the easiest fall veggie recipes you can make! Simply combine the veggies in a large baking dish, toss to coat them in oil and seasonings, and bake in the oven.
You’ll bake our fall veggie medley covered with foil for part of the cooking time to steam the vegetables. This makes them super soft and tender so that they just melt in your mouth. We also find they soak up a ton of flavor from the spice blend this way.
Here are step-by-step instructions for how to make our fall vegetable medley:
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, add the vegetables to a 9×13 glass baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and add minced garlic, then toss to coat.
- Then, combine the garam masala, paprika, and ground turmeric in a small bowl. Sprinkle about one-third of the spice blend evenly over the veggies, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and toss gently with your hands. Add another third of the seasonings, and toss again. Then add the remaining spices and toss again, until the vegetables are coated evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Finally, bake until the butternut squash is fork-tender, about 45 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve hot.
Slicing the vegetables does take a bit of time, which is why we recommend buying a package of cubed butternut squash from the grocery store. It’s an easy shortcut that saves you a lot of time and effort upfront.
Adding the spice blend to the vegetables a little at a time really helps ensure you get an even coating. If you add it all at once, the spices tend to clump together and some bites may end up with no seasoning at all. Really make sure you’re tossing the vegetables until they’re covered in a light, even coating.
To check if the butternut squash is tender enough, gently stab it with a fork. If the tines pierce through the squash easily, it’s time to remove the foil and finish baking.
Fall Vegetable Medley Serving Suggestions
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
Store leftover fall veggies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 2 minutes per serving, stirring halfway through.
If you need an easy and healthy side dish to go with your cozy fall dinner or Thanksgiving spread, try our fall vegetable medley recipe! Don’t forget to rate, comment, and share if you love it.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Roasted Veggie Risotto
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Casserole
Fall Vegetable Medley
- 20 ounces cubed butternut squash
- 3 large shallots roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add butternut squash, shallots, carrots, and bell peppers to a large glass baking dish (we recommend using a 9×13 for a single batch). Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and add minced garlic, then gently toss with your hands to combine.
- Next, add garam masala, paprika, and turmeric to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle about one-third of the spice blend evenly over the veggies, then add a pinch of salt. Toss gently with your hands to coat the veggies in the seasonings. Repeat with another third of the spices, and then with the remaining third of the spices until the vegetables are evenly coated in a light layer of seasoning.
- Finally, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake until the butternut squash is fork-tender, about 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Serve hot.