This super simple, no-frills vegetarian quinoa harvest bowl uses leftover oven-baked fall vegetables for an easy, healthy lunch.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If you’re looking for an easy, fall-inspired recipe to throw together for lunch, you’re going to love this vegetarian quinoa harvest bowl. It’s a simple, bare-bones bowl of quinoa, oven-baked fall vegetables, and feta cheese – that’s it. Just 3 ingredients and basically zero effort if you’ve got leftovers of our fall vegetable medley in the fridge.
Most harvest bowls are complex and require a lot of different ingredients, or some extra prep time. Not this one! If you’re just looking for a taste of fall and a no-frills healthy grain bowl, you’ve come to the right place.
Quinoa Harvest Bowl Ingredients
You can make our easy quinoa harvest bowl recipe with just 3 ingredients:
- White quinoa
- Fall vegetable medley
Okay, so technically our fall vegetable medley is more than just one ingredient. But the best time to make this warm quinoa harvest bowl is when you already have leftover fall veggies from last night’s dinner!
If you’re looking to make the veggies fresh for these harvest bowls, we recommend preparing a big batch of both the vegetables and quinoa as meal prep for the week. See the section below on meal prep tips for more suggestions on how to do this.
How To Make Vegetarian Quinoa Harvest Bowls
If you already have leftovers of our fall vegetable medley in the fridge, then making these vegetarian harvest bowls is a breeze. Here’s what to do:
- First, prepare the quinoa. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Then, remove from heat and let sit, covered, for another 10 to 12 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then portion out into bowls.
- Next, reheat the leftover fall vegetable medley. Simply microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes per serving, stirring halfway through.
- Finally, serve the hot veggies over the quinoa. Top with crumbled feta and enjoy!
If you’re not a vegetarian and you’re looking to make these fall harvest bowls a little more filling, you can add in a protein like our lemon marinated chicken. We love making this chicken for dinner with our fall vegetable medley on the side, and then having the leftovers in these harvest bowls for lunch the next day!
You can also easily swap our fall vegetable medley for any cooked fall vegetables you have in your fridge, whether it’s your favorite roasted veggie recipe or leftovers from a restaurant side dish. This easy quinoa harvest bowl is really just a starting point that we hope inspires you to make your own healthy harvest bowl with whatever vegetables you enjoy.
Tips For Quinoa Harvest Bowl Meal Prep
You can easily turn this harvest bowl recipe into your weekly meal prep. Here’s what we recommend:
- Make the quinoa and fall vegetable medley all at the same time. (If you want to add a protein like chicken, prepare that now, too). Let everything cool to room temperature before packing in meal prep containers.
- Add the quinoa, veggies, and any optional protein to entrée-sized meal prep containers.
- Pack single-serving portions of crumbled feta in smaller meal prep containers.
- When you’re ready to eat, reheat the entrée containers for about 2 minutes in the microwave to warm everything up, then top with crumbled feta.
We particularly love using containers like these OmieGo BIO bento boxes for meal prep. The large container is perfect for your main entrée, while the smaller containers are a great size for transporting additional toppings or snacks!
Quinoa Harvest Bowl Serving Suggestions
Like we said, this warm fall harvest bowl is the perfect easy lunch when you already have leftovers of our fall veggie medley in the fridge. But it’s also satisfying enough to eat for dinner if you want to! You can’t go wrong with this simple mix of fall veggies and quinoa.
You can also prepare this healthy harvest bowl recipe ahead of time for a party (it’s a great vegetarian-friendly big batch recipe!). Just combine the quinoa and veggies in a large bowl and reheat before serving, or keep warm in a slow cooker during the party. Don’t forget to put out some crumbled feta on the side so guests can top their own harvest bowls with fresh cheese!
Try our vegetarian quinoa harvest bowl recipe and don’t forget to rate, comment, and share if you love it! Check out more of our favorite vegetarian recipes here.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Rice Bowl
- Sweetgreen Crispy Rice Bowl Copycat Recipe
- Southwest Chili Lime Salad with Chicken (Panera Copycat)
- Chili Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls
Vegetarian Quinoa Harvest Bowl
- ½ cup white quinoa dry
- 1 cup water
- 3 servings fall vegetable medley leftovers
- 3 ounces feta crumbled
- First, prepare the quinoa. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Then, remove from heat and let sit, covered, for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Next, reheat the leftover fall vegetable medley in the microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Finally, fluff the quinoa with a fork and portion out into bowls. Top with vegetables and crumbled feta, and serve hot.