These 20-minute oven roasted parmesan green beans are so flavorful, they’ll actually make you want to eat your veggies!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Adding parmesan cheese to a recipe is pretty much a guaranteed way to make any food more delicious – including your vegetables. Honestly, we wish we’d figured this out sooner, since plain old vegetable side dishes have never really been our thing. But ever since we made these easy oven roasted parmesan green beans, we’ve actually been excited about eating our veggies!
With just a few staple ingredients – olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper – and a little bit of parmesan cheese, this recipe transforms boring old green beans into a juicy and savory side dish you’ll still be craving long after they’re gone. It’s an easy way to add more flavor to a healthy vegetable without compromising on nutrition, so you (or your kids) actually eat your vegetables instead of pushing them around on the plate until dinner’s over!
So if you’ve been wondering, what can I add to green beans for flavor?, you’ll want to try this recipe ASAP.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Ingredients
This vegetable side dish recipe is so simple. All you need to make these easy oven roasted garlic parmesan green beans is:
- Green beans
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
You’ll want to buy fresh green beans from the store for this recipe – not frozen or canned. This will give you the best flavor and ensure they roast perfectly in the oven. Likewise, freshly grated parmesan cheese will give you the best parmesan flavor! But you can always use store-bought grated parmesan for an easy and cost-effective alternative.
How To Make Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
You can have these garlic parmesan roasted green beans on the table in about 20 minutes. Simply toss them in oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, sprinkle them with cheese, and bake!
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to cook parmesan green beans in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the green beans to a large bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss gently until they’re fully coated, then sprinkle in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss again to evenly coat the green beans, then spread them out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the green beans evenly with grated parmesan cheese.
- Roast green beans in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes or so. Serve hot.
Oven roasted parmesan green beans are the perfect healthy side dish for family dinners and even Thanksgiving feasts! Here are a few dishes you can serve these with:
Try our easy recipe for oven roasted parmesan green beans next time you need a healthy and delicious side dish! Don’t forget to rate, comment, and share to let us know what you think.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Summer Squash and Tomatoes
- Accordion Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
- Strawberry Spinach Goat Cheese Salad
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- 12 oz green beans washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans and olive oil. Toss to coat the green beans in the oil, then add garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss again to combine and transfer green beans to the sheet pan, spreading them out into a single layer.
- Finally, sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese evenly over the green beans. Roast in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.