These crispy air fryer chicken tenders are the perfect big batch meal for easy lunches and fun dinners throughout the week.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
We love our air fryer. We pretty much use it whenever we can – whether we’re heating up leftovers, making frozen fries, or trying out new recipes.
We recently decided to make our very own crispy chicken tenders to serve with some delicious dipping sauces. Sometimes we just want an easy meal that makes us feel like kids again. (Oh, and we recently discovered our grocery store sells bottled Chick-fil-A sauce.)
Since these chicken tenders are pretty easy to make, we cooked up a big batch in our air fryer and packaged up the leftovers to be used for lunch throughout the week. Big batch meals allow us to quickly pack lunches for work and keep us from eating out too often. These chicken tenders or our Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili are some of our favorite recipes for meal prepping.
Here’s how easy it is to make our Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
- Prep a flour mixture (flour + salt + pepper), egg wash (eggs + milk), and breadcrumb coating (breadcrumbs + seasonings)
- Coat chicken tenders in flour mixture, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs
- Cook in the air fryer for 7 minutes on each side
And there are so many ways to enjoy these chicken tenders. We love serving them with a variety of dips – ketchup, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, Chick-fil-A sauce, even garlic aioli – but they also taste great in wraps and sandwiches, or over a salad. They’re the perfect versatile ingredient for any meal you could imagine.
Our Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are also the perfect example of everything we love about our air fryer:
- It’s quick – most things cook much faster in the air fryer than in the oven
- It’s easy – just load up the basket and set the timer, instead of constantly attending to food frying in oil
- It’s a healthier alternative – our air fryer crisps food super well without using lots of oil
- It’s unique – having an air fryer lets us try new kinds of recipes we wouldn’t know how to make otherwise, like crispy chicken tenders
- It’s awesome for reheating food – our chicken tenders reheat perfectly crispy in our air fryer (even leftover french fries reheat well!)
So if you haven’t yet invested in an air fryer, we highly recommend it. We love our air fryer’s simple controls and it works perfectly every time.
Try our crispy chicken tenders recipe below, and you’ll be wondering why you waited this long to buy an air fryer!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs raw chicken tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground red cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray and preheat to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk until well-combined. Set aside next to the flour mixture.
- In a third shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, ground red cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Set aside next to the egg wash.
- First, coat chicken evenly in the flour mixture, then shake off excess flour and transfer to egg wash. Coat completely in the egg wash, then let excess egg drip off and transfer to breadcrumbs. Coat evenly in breadcrumbs, then lightly shake off excess breadcrumbs and transfer to a dish. Repeat until all tenders are coated.
- Cook tenders in a single layer in the air fryer for 7 minutes on each side. Work in batches as necessary.*
- Serve hot with dipping sauces, or let cool and store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.*