If you’ve ever wondered how to make chipotle mayo at home, this recipe is for you! It’s super easy to make your own if you have a well-stocked spice cabinet and regular mayo.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
We love to make sauces, spreads, and other condiments at home whenever we can – especially if we’ve tried a specialty item from the store and think we can easily recreate it ourselves. It’s generally more cost-effective, plus gives us room to customize the flavor profile for our tastes. That’s why we’ve created our very own recipe for chipotle mayo!
It’s super easy to make your own chipotle mayo at home. All you need is some regular mayo and a few seasonings! Here’s what we use in our chipotle mayo:
- Base – light mayo
- Seasonings – chipotle powder, paprika, cumin, roasted garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, salt
Simply add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir vigorously until combined. You can use a fork, a small whisk, or even a chopstick to mix everything together. Then serve or refrigerate until you’re ready to use it! Like regular mayo, it’ll keep for at least a month or two when stored properly. We have these handy little prep bowls with lids – they make great vessels for storing homemade dips and sauces.
Here are some of our favorite things to do with this chipotle mayo:
- Spread it – chipotle mayo tastes great on breakfast sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, and burgers
- Dip it – serve chipotle mayo with sweet potato fries, chicken tenders, or a fun appetizer like these pretzel bites for dipping
- Drizzle it – a drizzle of chipotle mayo makes a great topping for loaded fries or pizza
What’s your favorite way to enjoy chipotle mayo? Let us know in the comments!
- Prep bowl with lid optional
- ½ cup light mayo
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp roasted garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir vigorously until combined.
- Serve as a spread, dip, or sauce on sandwiches or with snacks! Store in the refrigerator for up to two months.