These bacon cheese loaded tater tots are the ultimate indulgent late night snack – super gooey and savory, and super easy to make with only 4 ingredients.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Here’s a little secret: it’s not that hard to make restaurant style late night junk food at home. You know, the kind of salty, greasy, cheesy snacks you order at the pub after your third pint of beer? Sometimes we just crave those midnight snacks while sitting on the couch on a Friday night. And you probably do, too, if you want to learn how to make these bacon cheese loaded tater tots.
There’s nothing quite like indulging in a pile of crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside tater tots coated in creamy Velveeta, salty bacon bits, and crunchy scallions. This late night snack will completely satisfy any junk food craving, with very little effort on your part. All it takes is 4 ingredients and about 10 to 15 minutes of hands-on time.
Bacon Cheese Loaded Tater Tots Ingredients
It’s almost all in the name – these cheesy loaded tater tots are made with only 4 ingredients:
- Frozen tater tots
- Velveeta cheese
Which makes this recipe super easy to throw together when you’re craving something a little extra indulgent. If you happen to have leftover bacon and scallions in your fridge and are wondering what to do with them, it’s the perfect time to make these ultimate loaded tater tots!
How To Make Loaded Tater Tots
The best part about these loaded cheesy tater tots is how easy they are to throw together – especially if you have leftover bacon in your fridge. Here’s how to make the best loaded tater tots:
- Cook frozen tater tots according to the package instructions. We recommend cooking them in the air fryer (400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, shake halfway through) so they’re super crispy.
- If you have leftover bacon, chop into small bits. If not, chop uncooked bacon into small pieces and then fry over medium-high heat until crispy. Drain excess grease on paper towels.
- Cube Velveeta cheese.
- Add tater tots to an oven-safe baking dish and top with Velveeta cubes and bacon bits.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced scallions and serve hot.
Bacon cheese loaded tater tots are best enjoyed family-style right out of the dish they baked in. Just grab a few forks (or one, we don’t judge) and dig in!
Cheesy Loaded Tater Tots Variations
The best kind of midnight snack is the one that doesn’t take much effort and uses ingredients you already have. So, if you’re missing an ingredient or want to customize your ultimate tater tots, here are a few ways you can change up our recipe:
- Swap Velveeta with shredded cheddar cheese for a slightly lighter (although less creamy) version of these loaded tots
- Use leftover taco beef, sausage, or chorizo instead of bacon
- Top your cheesy tots with fresh ingredients like guacamole or pico de gallo
The possibilities are endless! Try our easy recipe for bacon cheese loaded tater tots below and let us know how you customize your ultimate tots in the comments. If you love this recipe, don’t forget to rate, comment, and share!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these other recipes, too:
- Easy Soft Pretzel Bites & Beer Cheese Dip
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
- Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Poppers
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Bacon Cheese Loaded Tater Tots
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 3 oz Velveeta
- 4 pieces bacon
- 2 scallions sliced
- Bake or air fry frozen tater tots according to package directions.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare the bacon. Chop uncooked bacon into pieces and fry over medium-high heat until crispy, then drain excess grease on paper towels. If you have leftover cooked bacon, simply chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Slice the Velveeta into approximately half-inch cubes.
- Transfer the cooked tater tots to an oven-safe baking dish. Evenly distribute the Velveeta cubes over the tots, then top with bacon bits.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and gooey, about 10 minutes.
- Top with sliced scallions and serve immediately.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.