Need a perfect vegetarian party appetizer? These 4-ingredient Vegetarian Black Bean Southwest Sliders are easy to prepare in under 20 minutes!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
As you can probably tell, we’re not vegetarians. But that doesn’t mean we don’t love to cook vegetarian dishes! Meatless meals are some of the best around. They’re often more nutritious, lower in calories, and more budget-friendly than dishes with meat – all things we love when it comes to cooking. So today we’re sharing a recipe inspired by our favorite vegetarian burger patties that’s just as easy to prepare as it is to scarf down: Vegetarian Black Bean Southwest Sliders.
Vegetarian Black Bean Burger Sliders: Ingredients & Method
There are only 4 ingredients in our easy vegetarian black bean burger sliders:
- Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger Patties
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- Shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Chili lime salad dressing (our original recipe here)
Which means this recipe is super easy to throw together for a quick lunch or dinner! To transform frozen black bean burger patties into vegetarian southwest sliders, here’s what you do:
- Cook the patties on a large skillet or griddle until warmed through, about 7 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Break up the patties into small chunks using the edge of a stiff spatula and cook for another few minutes, until lightly crisped.
- Lower the heat and stir the shredded cheese into the chopped up black bean patties until it melts.
- Toast King’s Hawaiian Rolls under the broiler for a few minutes until lightly crisped.
- Top slider rolls with the black bean burger and cheese mixture, plus a drizzle of chili lime dressing, and serve!
This recipe is basically a vegetarian alternative to our bacon cheeseburger sliders, but with a spicy southwest twist. Breaking up the black bean patties into crumbles gives the slider filling a ground beef-like texture, especially when you melt the cheese right into it! And even though there’s no bacon, we’re sure you won’t miss it when you taste a bite of these sliders with a generous drizzle of chili lime dressing on top.
Vegetarian Sliders Serving Suggestions
The drizzle of chili lime dressing gives these sliders an extra zesty southwest flavor, which pairs nicely with the black beans and corn in the “burger” patties. But you can really top these sliders with whatever embellishments you like! Here are just a few ideas that would taste great:
- Fresh guacamole or mashed avocado
- Chipotle mayo
- Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Pico de gallo
Skewer these southwest sliders with toothpicks so they’re easy to grab and go! Then serve them on a large platter like this one (our go-to for serving party apps). Not only will you impress your guests with how cute these little sandwiches are, but also with how good they taste.
Even if you don’t consider yourself a vegetarian, we bet you’ll love this recipe. Frozen black bean burger patties paired with melty cheese and zingy chili lime dressing make for a crazy easy recipe that’s packed with flavor. So if you’re looking for the perfect dish to serve at your next football party or family cookout – or if you simply want to shake up dinner – try our vegetarian sliders recipe below!
Vegetarian Black Bean Southwest Sliders
- 4 frozen spicy black bean burgers
- 1 cup shredded mexican-blend cheese
- 8 King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 8 tsp chili lime dressing
- Heat black bean burger patties in a large skillet over medium heat until warmed through, about 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway. Then break up the patties into small chunks with the edge of a spatula and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly crisped, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir in the shredded cheese until melted, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half and lay open-faced on a large baking sheet. Broil on LOW until lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer rolls to a serving dish.
- Spoon an equal amount of cheesy black bean burger filling onto each Hawaiian roll. Top with a drizzle of chili lime dressing (about 1 tsp per slider), then close and skewer with toothpicks. Serve immediately.