Make these no-fuss decorated Halloween brownies with store-bought brownie mix, icing, candy, and pretzels for an easy party dessert!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Halloween is all about the candy – but what if you want an easy, no-fuss dessert that isn’t candy for your Halloween party? There are plenty of opportunities to stuff candy bars and Skittles in our mouths this time of year. Which makes these Halloween peanut butter pretzel brownies a refreshing change of pace when it comes to sweet (and spooky) treats!
The holidays are already busy enough, so this recipe is a no-brainer for an easy Halloween party snack or dessert. All it takes is a box of brownie mix, your favorite tub of frosting, some Halloween candy, and those Halloween shaped pretzels you dreaded finding in your candy bag as a kid. The final decorated brownies are equally fun and cute as they are delicious, perfect for serving at your Halloween party or bringing to your kid’s school costume parade!
Halloween Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies Ingredients
You only need 4 store-bought ingredients to make these super cute Halloween decorated brownies:
- Boxed brownie mix
- Chocolate frosting
- Reese’s Pieces
- Halloween pretzels
Of course, you’ll also need whatever ingredients are listed on the boxed brownie mix to make the brownies. This typically consists of eggs, vegetable oil, and water.
We suggest using a fudgy brownie mix like this Ghirardelli one for ultimate chocolatey flavor. Grab your favorite tub of frosting (we recommend Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker), a box of Reese’s pieces candy, and Halloween shaped pretzels and you’re ready to start baking!
If you can’t find Halloween pretzels, look for a Halloween party snack mix like this and just separate out some of the pretzels. You’ll want to use cute shapes like pumpkins and bats to make these decorated brownies Halloween-themed.
How To Make Brownies Decorated For Halloween
It’s super simple to make Halloween brownies decorated with icing, candy, and pretzels:
- First, prepare the brownies in a 9×9 pan according to the package instructions. Let them cool completely before moving onto the next step.
- Next, spread an even layer of chocolate frosting over the brownies. Smooth it out to create a canvas for decorating.
- Evenly distribute the Reese’s pieces over the brownies. Try to make sure the colors are evenly dispersed as well.
- Then, slice the brownies into a 4×4 grid (to make 16 brownies). At this point, we recommend separating and removing the brownies from the pan, transferring them to a serving tray instead.
- Finally, top each brownie with a single Halloween pretzel. Stick the pretzels in vertically so the shapes are more visible from the front.
Since you’ll need to let the brownies cool completely before decorating, we recommend baking the brownies in the morning, then letting them sit at room temperature all day until you’re preparing for your Halloween party.
It’s best to decorate the brownies no more than an hour or two before serving. However, if you want to make these ahead of time for a Halloween party at school or to bring to a friend’s house, you absolutely can! Just try to keep them at a cooler temperature after decorating (refrigerate if necessary) so the frosting doesn’t run.
More Halloween Brownie Recipe Ideas
Our Halloween peanut butter pretzel brownies are just one way you can decorate brownies for a fun Halloween treat! Here are some other suggestions we think would taste great:
- Top brownies with chocolate frosting and M&M’s
- Use white icing in a piping bag to draw spiderwebs on brownies
- Make the brownies look like mummies with stripes of white chocolate frosting and candy eyeballs
- Mix chopped-up chunks of your favorite Halloween chocolate bars into the brownie batter before baking, and top with pieces of fun-sized candy bars
What other Halloween brownie ideas have you tried before? Tell us in the comments! And don’t forget to rate and share below if you love this recipe.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Halloween Candy Cookies
- Sweet Potato White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sweet Charcuterie Board
- Candied Bacon Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Fudge
Halloween Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 10 ounces chocolate frosting
- 4 ounces Reese's pieces
- 16 pieces Halloween pretzels
- First, prepare the brownies in a 9×9 pan according to the instructions on the box. Let cool completely before decorating (at least 3 to 4 hours).
- Next, spread the frosting into an even layer on top of the brownies, covering the entire surface from edge to edge. Smooth the frosting out to create a canvas for decorating.
- Then, top the brownies with Reese's pieces. Evenly distribute the colors across the brownies.
- At this point, we recommend slicing the brownies. Carefully separate and remove them from the pan, and transfer them to a platter for serving.
- Finally, top each brownie with a Halloween shaped pretzel. Stick the pretzels into the brownies vertically so that the shapes are visible from the front (see photos in blog post above).