This Alouette cheese and prosciutto flatbread perfectly ties together your favorite charcuterie night flavors into a unique pizza recipe.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Pizza comes in all sorts of shapes and styles, and there are really no wrong ingredients. One of the reasons we love making pizza is we are really only limited to our imagination. For February’s Pizza of the Month, we decided to play with some of our main ingredients and combine the cheese and sauce. The obvious way to bring these components together is with a delicious spreadable cheese. We give you the Alouette Prosciutto Flatbread.
This flatbread pizza is inspired by three of our charcuterie night staples:
- Alouette Garlic and Herb Spread
- Homemade bruschetta
Although this is a straightforward recipe, this pizza has a lot of unique flavors. Just because a pizza is simple and easy to make, doesn’t mean it can’t be exciting. We love to let a couple of carefully selected ingredients shine because pizza is the perfect canvas for your favorite flavors.
As always, any pizza dough can be used with this recipe. But we do believe the proper dough really does make a difference so we hope you will try this flatbread exactly as intended.
Just like last month, we used the Ooni Classic Pizza Dough since it’s the perfect base for a thin and crispy flatbread. We chose this classic dough because it is easy to work with and can be stretched extremely thin without any concern of tearing the dough. Another key reason we enjoy this dough is the dry, smooth surface that allows for easy spreading of the Alouette.
With a really thin and relatively plain dough, the Alouette, bruschetta, and prosciutto can stand out as intended. This dish is the perfect encapsulation of charcuterie night turned pizza party!
Pizza night is always special to us, and we love being able to share that with you. Share your pizza nights with us by commenting below with some of your favorite unique pizza toppings and combinations!
Alouette Prosciutto Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lightly dust a large baking sheet or pizza pan with flour, then dust your hands with flour before handling the pizza dough. Gently stretch the dough into a roughly 12- to 14-inch circle or oval, working around the edges and rotating the dough as you go.* Use more flour as needed to prevent sticking, and work slowly so you don't tear the dough – patience is key!
- Microwave the garlic & herbs spreadable cheese for about 10-15 seconds, just enough to make it spread easier without tearing the dough. Gently spread the cheese on the dough in a thin layer, leaving at least a half-inch of crust.
- Top the pizza with chopped prosciutto.
- Prepare the Homemade Bruschetta: add all ingredients to a food processor, then pulse until finely chopped. Spoon bruschetta onto the pizza, then sprinkle just a pinch of sea salt across the pizza before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown. Slice and serve hot!