This easy fettuccine alfredo recipe is made with Alouette garlic & herbs spreadable cheese for extra flavor and creaminess.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
If we haven’t already made it clear, Alouette garlic & herbs spreadable cheese is one of our favorite treats. It’s soft and creamy and flavorful, and tastes great on just about anything. In fact, it’s so versatile that we decided to try making a pasta sauce with it!
Our original idea was to combine an Alouette-inspired pasta sauce with another one of our favorite treats, potato gnocchi. But as soon as we realized we were basically making an alfredo sauce with Alouette instead of parmesan cheese, the pairing was obvious: Fettuccine Alouette-o.
This fettuccine alfredo recipe is super simple and easy, just like a classic alfredo sauce. All you need is:
- Heavy cream
- Alouette garlic & herbs spreadable cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Roasted garlic & fresh parsley (optional garnish)
The Alouette cheese amplifies an already decadent dish, fettuccine alfredo, with its garlic & herb flavor and creamy texture. A little bit of salt and pepper enhances the flavor, and a fun garnish of roasted garlic and fresh parsley makes a skillet full of this pasta look like a tub of Alouette cheese!
We really enjoyed making this recipe in our Cuisinel cast iron skillet, for two reasons:
- It’s deep enough to whisk the sauce together without too much splatter, and easily stir in the cooked fettuccine
- The creamy sauce acts as great seasoning for the pan!
Seriously, we noticed a huge difference in our pan after making this dish. The amount of butter in this sauce alone is enough to season cast iron incredibly well.
That being said, this is a heavy dish. We took fettuccine alfredo and made it even more indulgent, so be prepared to feel super full after eating this pasta! It’s definitely a comfort food dish, meant for cozy nights in and decadent date nights. If you want to lighten the meal up at all, we recommend pairing a smaller portion of our Fettuccine Alouette-o with a side salad of some leafy greens.
But, if you’re like us and want to indulge every now and again, treat yourself to a hearty helping of our recipe below – and maybe a few slices of Italian bread. And a glass of wine.
- 2 servings fettuccine
Alouette Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Alouette garlic & herbs spreadable cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Garlic & Herbs Garnish
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fettuccine for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While the fettuccine is cooking, prepare the Alouette Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, then whisk in heavy cream until fully combined, about 1-2 minutes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, until there is steam rising off the sauce.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in the Alouette cheese until fully combined, about 5-6 minutes.
- Strain cooked fettuccine and add pasta to the Alouette Alfredo Sauce. Stir to combine, until pasta is fully coated, and season with salt and pepper to taste.*
- Garnish with roasted garlic and chopped parsley. Serve hot.*