Try this maple bacon jalapeno pizza recipe for a unique sweet and savory dinner that’s perfect for cold winter nights.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Obviously, December’s Pizza of the Month had to have bacon on it. Today is National Bacon Day, and it’s also my birthday, and one of my favorite foods happens to be bacon (coincidence? I think not). One of the most unique pizzas I’ve ever eaten was a thin crust pie topped with gooey cheese, crispy bacon, jalapenos, and maple syrup, of all things. It sounded so strange that I just had to try it, and it was so amazingly delicious that I still think about it to this day. So we decided to recreate it at home and make our very own maple bacon jalapeno pizza recipe.
This pizza is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with a little kick from the jalapeno and a gooey 3-cheese blend to warm your insides. It’s so comforting and so simple to make on a cold winter’s night when you’re craving something a little extra special. With just 3 toppings and some pizza dough, sauce, and cheese, this maple bacon jalapeno pizza comes together in 30 minutes for an easy winter dinner.
Maple Bacon Jalapeno Pizza Recipe Ingredients
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this easy maple bacon jalapeno pizza recipe:
- Pizza dough – We like to make Roman dough from our Mastering Pizza cookbook for this recipe, but you can also use store-bought pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce – Try our homemade pizza sauce recipe here for an easy classic red sauce that tastes great on this maple bacon pizza.
- 3-cheese blend – Combine mozzarella, sharp cheddar, and monterey jack cheese for a flavorful blend that complements the bacon and jalapeno toppings.
- Bacon – Chop bacon into bits before frying for an easy, crispy pizza topping.
- Jalapeno – Diced jalapeno adds some kick to contrast the sweet maple syrup.
- Maple syrup – Use your favorite kind of maple syrup! We like this Dark Maple Syrup from Whole Foods on our pizza.
If you’re still wondering, does maple syrup really go on a pizza, the answer is yes! As long as you don’t use too much, a little bit of sticky sweetness tastes great with savory toppings like bacon, cheese, and jalapenos. It might sound weird, but it’s delicious.
How To Make Maple Bacon Jalapeno Pizza
To make a restaurant style maple bacon jalapeno pizza at home, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Stretch the dough. Flour a 14-inch pizza pan and your hands, then stretch the dough, working around the edges with both hands and letting gravity help you. Once it’s roughly stretched you can place it on the pan and gently push from the center outwards to enlarge the dough into a 12 to 14 inch circle.
- Prepare the toppings. Chop bacon into small pieces, then fry it over medium-high heat until crispy and drain on paper towels. Dice the jalapeno. Then gently combine the three cheeses in a bowl using your hands.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread the sauce evenly over the stretched dough, leaving about a half-inch crust around the edge. Sprinkle the pizza with cheese, then top with bacon bits and jalapeno.
- Bake. Cook the pizza at 500 degrees F until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it and rotate the pan about halfway through cooking so it crisps evenly.
- Drizzle. Drizzle your favorite maple syrup over the pizza in a zig-zag or spiral.
- Slice and serve. Try using pizza scissors like these for easy, clean cuts.
Why You’ll Love This Maple Bacon Jalapeno Pizza Recipe
This unique pizza is one of the best lunch or dinner recipes for winter and so easy to make. Its contrasting textures and flavors of crunchy, gooey, sweet, and savory give you that comforting, nostalgic feeling of eating your favorite pizza on a cold night – but with an unconventional twist.
If you’ve never had maple syrup on pizza before, now’s your chance! Try our maple bacon jalapeno pizza recipe below and let us know how you feel about putting maple syrup on pizza in the comments. If you love this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share with your friends and family!
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Maple Bacon Jalapeno Pizza
- 250 g Roman style pizza dough at 67% hydration homemade or store-bought
- 3 strips bacon
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 med jalapeno diced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Let the pizza dough rest at room temperature for 1 hour before stretching. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Prepare the pizza toppings. Chop bacon into small pieces and crisp in a frying pan over medium-high heat, then drain on a paper towel lined plate. Next, combine the mozzarella, cheddar, and monterey jack cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Flour a round pizza pan and your hands. Stretch the dough into a roughly 12 to 14 inch circle to fit the pan. Then, assemble the pizza. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on the dough, leaving about a half-inch crust around the edge. Sprinkle the 3-cheese blend evenly over the pizza, then top with bacon bits and diced jalapeno.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to evenly crisp the crust.
- Finally, drizzle the pizza with maple syrup. Slice and serve hot.