You can make your own juicy pulled pork right at home with this super easy slow-cooker method!Jump to Recipe
Nicole and I love mixing up our meals with this slow-cooker pulled pork recipe. We have always enjoyed pulled pork when out at restaurants or made by my father, but we always figured it was hard to make and didn’t know where to start. Finally one day I took the time to learn how to make pulled pork from my dad and never imagined just how easy it was! It turns out all you need is a slow cooker.
Since learning to make pulled pork, Nicole and I have started using it for some of our favorite recipes:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- As a protein add-in for our Udon Noodle Vegetable Stir Fry
- Or with our favorite condiments for a great work lunch sandwich!
We like to make this recipe with just a dash of liquid smoke to give it a true barbecued flavor, however there are many ways you can spice it up to fit the flavor profile you desire.
Now that you know just how easy it is to make your own pulled pork, we hope you’ll use it to discover some new recipes like we did!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- ¼ cup water or beer
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- Fill a 5-quart slow cooker with just enough water or beer to cover the bottom, about 1/4 cup.
- Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker and sprinkle evenly with garlic and onion powder. Add just a dash of liquid smoke. Then rub the seasonings into the pork for an even coating.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 155-165 degrees.*
- Once fully cooked, transfer pork to a cutting board and let sit for 1 hour.
- Pull the pork by hand, picking out and discarding excess fat.*
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce or on a sandwich, or store away to use in some of the recipes mentioned in our post above!*
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.