You can make this easy cheeseburger tacos recipe in 20 minutes or less for a fun twist on taco night – or burger night!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
What should I make for dinner? Burgers, or tacos?? To anyone who has ever faced this dilemma, we have a solution for you! Our easy cheeseburger tacos give you the best of both worlds when you simply can’t decide what you want to eat.
This fun and unique recipe tastes just like a cheeseburger, but with all the fun of an overstuffed street taco. Instead of burger patties, think seasoned ground beef (like taco meat, but not Mexican). And instead of buns, grab those flour tortillas! These American-Mexican fusion tacos are a delicious twist on either burger night or taco night to shake up family dinner.
Our easy cheeseburger taco recipe only takes about 20 minutes to make, and you can customize the toppings to your heart’s content. What’s not to love?
Cheeseburger Taco Recipe Ingredients
These easy cheeseburger tacos don’t require any fancy ingredients. Inspired by our classic burger patty recipe, we like to season the meat with ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt for simple, easy flavor. Then, you just need “the works” for the toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese) and some tortillas!
Here’s the full list of ingredients you’ll need to make our cheeseburger taco recipe:
- Ground beef (80/20 or 90/10)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic
- Red onion
- Romaine lettuce
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-inch flour tortillas
We recommend grabbing fresh romaine lettuce and a block of cheddar cheese and shredding both yourself. Fresh ingredients always taste much better than their processed alternatives, and it only takes a few extra minutes.
How To Make Our Simple Cheeseburger Taco Recipe
You know what makes this the best cheeseburger taco recipe? It only takes about 20 minutes to make, from start to finish – and it tastes just like a cheeseburger, but in taco form.
Here’s how to make these cheeseburger tacos:
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt. Mix well until the meat is evenly seasoned.
- Next, add the seasoned ground beef to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks and stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Then, drain any excess grease and transfer the cooked beef to a bowl.
- Finally, prepare the taco toppings. Dice the onion and tomato, shred the lettuce and cheddar cheese, and warm the tortillas.
- Assemble tacos with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion, or serve DIY-style at the table with the toppings in small serving bowls.
We recommend assembling your cheeseburger tacos like a real cheeseburger for the full effect! Ground beef, then cheese, then lettuce, tomato, and onion. Super simple, and super delicious.
You can serve these tacos with any of your favorite sides, from french fries to tortilla chips & salsa. Pretty much any side you would serve with tacos or burgers will go great with these cheeseburger tacos.
Here are some ways you can change up our cheeseburger taco recipe to suit different tastes:
- Add bacon bits into the ground beef for an extra decadent taco
- Swap shredded cheddar for nacho cheese sauce
- Skip the cheddar if you don’t like cheese
- Add your favorite condiments, like ketchup, mustard, relish, or chipotle mayo for extra flavor
- Try using ground pork or ground turkey instead of beef
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
You can store leftover cheeseburger taco ingredients and reheat them for an easy lunch or dinner the next day. Package the ground beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion in separate air-tight containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat the taco meat, simply microwave for about 30 seconds per serving.
Try our easy cheeseburger taco recipe and let us know what you think in the comments! Don’t forget to rate and share if you love this recipe.
For more unique taco recipes, check out our Taco of the Month series here.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Loaded Baked Potato Tacos
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Bacon Cheeseburger with Garlic Aioli
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Easy Cheeseburger Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20 or 90/10
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ small red onion diced
- 1 small vine tomato diced
- 4 oz shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 4-inch flour tortillas
- First, combine ground beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and salt in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until the meat is evenly seasoned.
- Next, add seasoned beef to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meat until it's browned, breaking it up and stirring occasionally as it cooks, about 6 to 8 minutes. Carefully drain any excess grease, then transfer the cooked beef to a bowl.
- Then, prepare the taco toppings (red onion, tomato, lettuce, and cheese) and warm the flour tortillas.
- Finally, assemble the tacos or serve DIY-style with each component in a small serving bowl at the dinner table. We recommend assembling the tacos like you would a cheeseburger: ground beef, then cheese, then lettuce, tomato, and onion.