These easy bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges are a fun and unique appetizer or side dish for serving at game day parties and holidays. A sweet and savory snack you won’t want to stop eating!Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Two things we’re obsessed with: bacon and sweet potatoes. They’re like the ultimate duo of fall comfort food, stirring up images of cozy meals and delicious aromas in our heads. While we’ve already proven that the combination of bacon and sweet potatoes is simply irresistible, we had to put these flavors to another test. What would happen if you wrapped sweet potato in bacon and baked it in the oven? The answer: it becomes the perfect sweet and savory appetizer. Introducing the easiest recipe ever for bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges!
You seriously don’t have to put in much effort to make an incredible appetizer, snack, or side dish of bacon-wrapped sweet potato wedges, fries, bites, or whatever you want to call them. All you need is some sweet potatoes, bacon, olive oil, salt and pepper. That’s it! In 10 minutes or less of prep time and about 55 minutes of hands-free baking in the oven, you’ll have a delicious and unique sweet potato appetizer to serve your friends and family.
This easy recipe for sweet potato wedges wrapped in bacon is perfect for gatherings like football parties, cookouts, holidays, and more. They’re definitely filling – you’ll only need to eat one or two to feel satisfied – but we guarantee you won’t want to stop eating these. So grab some friends and family to help you gobble these up, and indulge in the sweet and savory flavors of sweet potato and bacon.
How To Make Sweet Potato Wedges Wrapped In Bacon
You’ll just need a few ingredients to make these bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges:
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
With about 5 to 10 minutes of hands-on time, you can easily make as many bacon-wrapped sweet potato fries as you want following these steps:
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it lengthwise into half-inch thick wedges.
- Toss the potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Wrap each potato wedge in a single piece of bacon, starting at one end and spiraling the bacon around the potato wedge towards the other end.
- Place the potato wedges on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
Selecting the perfect sweet potato: We find it’s best to use a smaller, relatively round sweet potato for this recipe. It’ll help you make sure all the wedges are roughly the same size and thickness, and the length of the wedges will be more proportional to the strips of bacon. For reference, you should be able to slice a single small sweet potato into about 8 wedges.
Serving tip: You’ll want to drain the sweet potato wedges on paper towels before serving, much like you would drain bacon after cooking to sop up some of the extra grease.
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Serving Suggestions
There are tons of reasons to make bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges, and therefore a lot of different ways you can serve them! Here are a few suggestions:
- Serve bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges like fries as a game day appetizer, by themselves or with your favorite dipping sauces
- Make bacon wrapped sweet potatoes for a fun and unique Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving!) side dish
- Skewer the sweet potato wedges lengthwise on food picks for mess-free snacking at cookouts and parties
- Plate a few wedges in an elegant design for a date night appetizer and serve them with a fork and knife
Reheating Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
If you happen to have leftovers and are wondering if you can reheat sweet potato wedges wrapped in bacon, the answer is yes!
The best way to reheat these bacon wrapped sweet potatoes is in the air fryer. Air frying your leftovers will reheat the sweet potatoes while crisping the bacon at the same time – giving you perfectly tasty results every time! Simply reheat at 350 degrees for about 2 to 3 minutes until crispy. Like you would after baking, you’ll want to drain the sweet potato wedges on paper towels after heating in the air fryer to sop up some of the extra bacon grease.
While you can also reheat these in the microwave, we don’t recommend it as the bacon will turn soggy. But it works in a pinch if you’re feeling lazy 🙂
As for storing the leftovers, bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes will last for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. That means you can also make these ahead of time for an easy appetizer or snack. Just make sure to reheat them in an air fryer for best results.
Why You’ll Love These Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
We’ll give you two reasons to love this sweet and savory sweet potato recipe:
- The unique flavor and texture
- The smell
The sweet potato caramelizes in its own sugars while the bacon crisps, resulting in a unique play of textures that’s unlike anything else you’ve ever tasted. You get the savory crunch of bacon on the outside with surprisingly soft and sugary sweet potato waiting for you on the inside. And the bottom surface of the wedges that were sitting against the pan taste ever so slightly like candied bacon. Each bite of these bacon wrapped sweet potatoes is truly a unique experience!
Aside from how delicious these bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges taste, the best thing about this recipe is how incredible it smells. Imagine the aroma of crispy bacon frying up on the stove, and combine it with the sugary scent of sweet potatoes caramelizing in the oven – and this will only give you an idea of what to expect. If the aromas in our kitchen from cooking these bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges could be turned into a candle, we’d buy it.
It’s super easy to make sweet potato wedges wrapped in bacon, which makes them the perfect snack or side dish for game day parties and Friendsgiving celebrations. It only takes 10 minutes or less of hands-on time to prepare these sweet potato bites for baking, and once they’re in the oven you get to relax and enjoy the mouthwatering smells coming from the kitchen.
So if you think you can endure the torture of smelling these bake for almost an hour, try the recipe below! Let us know how it goes in the comments and don’t forget to leave a rating if you love these bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges.
Love this recipe? You may enjoy these recipes, too:
- Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Appetizer
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4-Ingredient Avocado Chorizo Spring Rolls
- Bacon Garlic & Herb Jalapeno Poppers
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and follow us on Pinterest!
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 pieces bacon uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it lengthwise into 8 wedges of equal thickness, about half an inch. Add the potato wedges to a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Wrap each potato wedge in a single slice of bacon, starting at one end and spiraling the bacon around the potato wedge towards the other end. Lay the wrapped potato wedges flat on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked potato wedges to a plate lined with paper towels to drain off the excess grease. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.