Enjoy this decadent burger for Sunday brunch, lunch, dinner, or any meal in between! Featuring mashed avocado, a fried egg, bacon, and hash browns.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but one of my favorite brunch foods is a good breakfast style burger. Pair that with some crispy fried potatoes and you have the cure to any late night out. There’s really no way to go wrong here, any combination of your favorite brunch foods make great toppings for your burger. That being said, this is our take on the perfect Brunch Burger.
We decided to fit in as many of our favorite breakfast foods as possible:
- English muffin bun
- Classic Burger Patty
- Hash browns
- Fried Egg
- Hot Sauce or Nicole’s favorite, chipotle mayo
Disclaimer: This is a very involved meal. Unless you have a variety of leftovers, there are a lot of things to make. But that’s part of the fun here! Nicole and I love our burger nights. They are always one of our favorite dinners of the month. And this isn’t just because they always taste delicious and come with some air-fried side and a new local beer. These nights are just fun.
As most of our ingredients or toppings for our burgers are relatively simple to make, the challenge comes from the number of things needed to be done, and the time they take. However this allows us to focus on just enjoying the process. No critical thinking. No hard decisions. Just simple fun cooking.
And that is what this is all about: having fun. It’s why Nicole and I started this whole food blog in the first place! Because we love cooking, and we love cooking together.
So, I advise you, find someone to make this burger with, take your time, enjoy the process, and you’ll not only have a delicious burger, but a great time making it.
Here are some tips for bringing everything together:
- For the perfectly cut potato for your hash browns, grate it, don’t cut it! Fun, fast, and perfect!
- Mashing the avocado and spreading it on the bottom bun helps to keep everything from getting too messy. Put it on top of the patty with everything else, and it’ll quickly all slide off.
- Extra toasty english muffins stand up better against the juicy burgers that we make.
- If you don’t like eggs with runny yolks, smash the yolk when you are frying it to ensure everything is fully cooked, but still have a properly styled egg.
- You might think frying bacon is too much of a hassle, but just do it. Don’t ruin bacon in the microwave. Please.
- A hot sauce or the like isn’t fully necessary, but some heat or smokiness really adds a fun pop to this burger.
To round out our brunch for dinner, Nicole and I fried up a sweet potato hash. Crispy cubes of sweet potato seasoned with cayenne, chipotle, salt, and pepper. And paired it with a fun Peanut Butter Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewing Co.
So we hope that you will take the time to share making this fun breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner with someone who loves burgers just as much as we do.
- 2 English muffins
- 2 Classic Burger Patties*
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado mashed
- 2 fried eggs seasoned with salt & pepper
- 4 strips bacon cooked
- 2 scoops Hash Browns see below
- Chipotle mayo or hot sauce (optional)
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small russet potato grated or shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Begin by preparing the Hash Browns. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add grated potato and season with salt & pepper. Fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisped.* Transfer to a paper-towel lined dish to drain.
- Prepare the Classic Burger Patties, topping with cheddar cheese about halfway through cooking.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the English muffins and prepare the fried eggs.
- Once all the components are ready, assemble the Brunch Burgers! Spread mashed avocado on the bottom half of each English muffin, place burger patties on top, then top each with a fried egg, 2 strips of bacon, a scoop of hash browns, and a drizzle of hot sauce or chipotle mayo if desired.* Top with English muffin tops and serve with a cold beer, a side, and enjoy!