These BBQ bacon cheeseburger sliders made with ground beef and cheddar on Hawaiian rolls are perfect for serving at a summer cookout.Jump to Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates and through other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a link – at no extra cost to you. We only promote products we actually use and truly love!
Juicy burgers are the best part of any summer cookout, but why not make them mini? Our BBQ bacon cheeseburger sliders, which we lovingly call our backyard BBQ sliders, are the perfect snack to serve at your next party. With Memorial Day right around the corner, these quick and easy BBQ sliders are a no-brainer. Who doesn’t love bacon, cheese, beef, and barbecue sauce on Hawaiian rolls?
What Ingredients Do I Need For Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders?
Our easy backyard BBQ sliders only require a few simple ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground beef and seasonings
- Cheddar cheese – shredded and slices
- Hawaiian rolls
- BBQ sauce
The slider patties are inspired by our homemade BBQ burger patties, with one additional twist: shredded cheddar cheese in the sliders. Sliders are small, so they cook quickly and lose their juices faster than traditional burgers, which means they can taste dry. The shredded cheese in our patty meat melts when these sliders hit the grill, resulting in a gooey, juicy texture and cheesy flavor baked right into the beef. It’s the ultimate way to make delicious cheeseburger sliders, so you definitely don’t want to skip this ingredient!
How To Make Our BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
Our recipe for homemade BBQ ground beef sliders is quick and easy. Shaping the patties takes around 5 to 10 minutes, and these mini sliders only need about 8 minutes on the grill! If you have the bacon prepared ahead of time, you can throw this recipe together in 20 minutes.
Here’s how to make our BBQ bacon cheeseburger sliders:
- Combine ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, and burger patty seasonings in a mixing bowl.
- Shape burger meat into 8 sliders. We use this handy burger press to get the perfect size and thickness every time.
- Grill the sliders for about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and top with slices of cheddar cheese. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until medium.
- Transfer sliders to Hawaiian rolls and top each with a half-piece of bacon and drizzle of BBQ sauce. (If you’re using leftover bacon from the fridge, warm it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds first.) Serve immediately and enjoy!
It’s important to make sure all the sliders are the same diameter and thickness so they cook at the same rate. Our 3-in-1 burger press makes this super easy. If you don’t have a burger press, separate the slider meat into 8 balls that are roughly the same size before shaping them. You can also be really exact here and weigh each ball with a kitchen scale before shaping. Each slider should be about 3 inches in diameter, so if you have a 3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter available, use that to help with shaping.
How To Serve BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
These BBQ ground beef sliders make a cute snack for backyard barbecues and cookouts! Plate them on a large serving dish and stick colorful toothpicks through them to keep them from toppling over. Your guests will gobble these up in no time, so maybe double the recipe while you’re at it 🙂
Beef and cheddar sliders also make a great game day snack. Nothing brings sports fans together like bacon, beef, cheese, and barbecue! Pair these crowd-pleasing sliders with cold beer and you’ll be hosting game day get-togethers all year long.
But you don’t need a special occasion to make these bacon cheeseburger sliders. Bite-sized food is a fun way to shake up your dinner routine, and these sliders are so quick and easy that they’re the perfect solution for busy weeknights. The combination of deliciously crispy bacon, tangy barbecue sauce, and smoky, cheesy slider patties on Hawaiian rolls is so satisfying. Try the recipe below!
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Burger press optional
- Cast iron grill pan optional
- Meat thermometer optional
BBQ Slider Patties
- 1 lb ground beef 80% lean
- ½ cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Dash liquid smoke
- Pinch salt
Buns & Toppings
- 8 King's Hawaiian Rolls sliced
- 2 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese cut into quarters
- 4 slices cooked bacon cut in half
- 8 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Prepare the slider patties. Add ground beef, shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and salt to a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a burger press, shape into 8 slider patties and set aside.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the bottom halves of the Hawaiian rolls on a serving platter.
- Grill sliders for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, topping each with a quarter-slice of cheddar cheese immediately after flipping. The internal temperature should be about 160 degrees when the sliders are done.
- Transfer cooked slider patties to Hawaiian rolls. Top each with a half-slice of bacon and a drizzle of barbecue sauce (about 1 tbsp per slider) before placing the tops on. Serve immediately.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented in this post, please refer to our Nutrition Disclaimer here.
Looking for kitchen inspiration? Head over to our shop to see what we cook with every day, plus recommendations for foodie gifts and eco-friendly products.