This easy recipe for cilantro-lime rice makes a delicious filling for burritos, tacos, fajitas, bowls, and more in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Inspired by an always-favorite Chipotle, Nicole and I decided that we needed a cilantro lime rice recipe to correctly make our Chicken Burritos Ranchero. This super simple recipe of rice, lime, and cilantro (just like the name implies) creates a light, fresh, and flavorful base.
Although we created this recipe for our burritos, it has proven itself as a great filling (and side!) for our Shredded Chicken Tacos, fajita night, or burrito bowls. Whatever the occasion, this quick and easy rice will surely make a great addition to your favorite Mexican meal!
Here’s how to make cilantro lime rice:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Stir in 1 cup of white rice, then cover and turn heat to low
- Steam rice for about 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed by the rice
- Remove from heat and fluff the rice
- Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro
This recipe is super easy, healthy, and delicious. Try it for your next taco night and let us know what you think in the comments!
Easy Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white rice
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ lime juiced
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add rice to the saucepan and stir. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the cilantro.
- Remove cooked rice from heat and stir. Add chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice from half of a lime into the rice, then stir to combine.
- Serve hot as a side dish or use as a filling for your favorite Mexican dishes, like our Chicken Burritos Ranchero and Carne Asada Tacos!*